Are you looking for a party favor gift for your favorite gal pals? This s’more in a jar project is the perfect idea for you!
We love making recipe in a jar gifts on Always the Holidays. They are easy and fun to create and very well received by the recipient.
If you’re looking for an excuse to get all your favorite girl friends together, September 22 is National Girl’s Night In Day, and would be the perfect time to make and give out these mason jar s’mores!
They would also be great gifts to give on Galentine’s Day, and they would make lovely housewarming presents, too. Keep reading to find out how to make them and get the free label.
This fun s’mores DIY project is cute as can be, easy to do and could even be embellished for the holiday season by adding a snowman head to make snowman s’mores in a jar!
It will be sure to delight the guest at your girls night in party!
The project comes with a free printable label that adds a delightful look to the gift.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
Making your s’more in a jar project
To make this project, you will need the following supplies:
- Large Mason jars or other wide mouth jar
- Cork stoppers to fit
- Long piece of string
- 3/4 inch red striped ribbon
- Graham style crackers or plain graham crackers
- Large Marshmallows
- Chocolate squares
- Medium weight card stock
- Styrofoam snowman heads (optional holiday decoration – see the variation below)
Print out the label for the s’mores in a jar recipe
Since this project is meant to be a party favor, we have included a free printable that features 6 individual gift labels. You can print them at home on your computer printer!
Load the white card stock into your printer. Print out the label here, or click on the image to print it out(without the red overlay) using the print function on your browser. This will give you a full sized sheet of labels.
You can also print out the label in the project card at the bottom of the page for a smaller sized group of labels.
Directions for filling the s’mores jar
Layer four graham style crackers, 2 large marshmallows and 2 squares of chocolate. If your jar is large, you can double up on the s’mores ingredients.
Add a cork stopper to the top of the Mason jar.
Use a hole punch to punch a hole in the gift tag label. Tie a piece of white string around the jar mouth, threading it through the gift tag.
Cut the striped ribbon to fit the neck of your jar and tie it over the top of the white string.
Making a snowman s’mores jar for the holidays (optional)
Use a white Styrofoam snowman head to make a sweet snowman holiday decoration. Place in the mouth of the jar in place of the cork.
Voila! – A snowman s’mores jar that is perfect for decorating or a fun Christmas gift!
Watch the smiles as your friends receive this ladies night party favor that was made with love and filled with their favorite ingredients for s’mores!
Share this s’more in a jar tutorial on TwitterThis adorable girls' night in party favor features our favorite camping food - S'mores! Head to Always the Holidays for the tutorial, and free label. #smores #hostessgift #smoresjar ⛄🥮🧊🧱 Click To Tweet
Pin this tutorial for my s’more in a jar project
Would you like a reminder of this girls’ night in gift? Just pin this image to one of your DIY boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
- 6 Large Mason jars or other wide mouth jars
- 6 Cork stoppers to fit the jars
- Long piece of white string
- 6 pieces 3/4 inch red striped ribbon about 1 foot each
- 24 Graham style crackers or plain graham crackers
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 chocolate squares
- 1 piece of medium weight card stock
- 6 Styrofoam snowman heads (optional holiday decoration)
- Computer printer
- Hole punch
- Load your printer with medium weight white card stock
- Print out the label shown below the instructions.
- Cut out the sheet of labels.
- Layer 4 Graham style crackers, 2 large marshmallows and 2 squares of chocolate in each jar. If your jar is large, you can double up on the s’mores ingredients.
- Add a cork stopper to the top of each Mason jar..
- Use a hole punch to punch holes in the gift tag labels.
- Tie a piece of white string around the jar mouths, threading the string through each gift tag.
- Cut the striped ribbons to fit the necks of your jar and tie it over the top of the white string.
- Optional: Add a snowman head to use the jar for the holidays.