This list of April food holidays gives us so many recipes to share. From pecans to oatmeal cookies every day of the month has at least one food or drink associated with it which makes it easy to celebrate.
Unsure about what National Days are? Check out my national days guide for more information.
If you are a foodie, you are probably aware just how many days of the year are devoted to entertaining with a favorite food. You will probably find that you are scouring the internet to find out what food we get to celebrate today.
National days are a great way to tie food, family and celebrations together. Nothing quite says Easter like some glazed spiral ham for Easter Sunday dinner, does it?
Keep reading to learn more about the food holidays in April.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
April food monthly observances
April is right in the middle of spring for many of us, and this gives us a chance to use some of the foods that are starting to grow now in our gardens.
It is not just days of the month that are associated with food. Sometimes the whole month is known for a certain type of food. For April we observe these foods:
- National Pecan Month
- National Soy Foods Month
- National Soft Pretzel Month
- National Fresh Celery Month
What are national food days?
Do you like those diet cookbooks where there isn’t anything to decide, but the author tells you what to eat on each day during the month? National food days are somewhat like this.
Food days are the internet’s way of telling you that you should cook a special food that day based on what the national day of the month is.
Check out the national day list for April and look through the list. See how many of them are devoted to food? I’m going to make it even easier for you.
Just browse this list below. Every day is associated with food or drink in some way. With this list you can’t go wrong with your party planning.
Share these April food holidays on Twitter
If you enjoyed this list of food days in April, be sure to share it with a friend. Here is a tweet to get you started:April is National Pecan Month. Let's make some recipes with pecans!! #nationalpecanmonth #pecans Click To Tweet
List of April national food days
Even though spring and the outdoors are on our minds in April, the month is also filled with some decadent foods for entertaining indoors, as well.
Here is a list of all the April food holidays to look forward to. Most are labeled national days (or international days) and others are just labeled by the food itself.
On some of the days, there are recipes to help you celebrate, and on other days, there are links to products on Amazon that will help you get the most out of the national day. Have fun!
(I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links but there is no extra cost to you.)
- National Sourdough Bread Day – Get a recipe for sour dough bread as well as some other Artisan breads here.
- Edible Book Day – Find out about this tasty festival on Books to Eat.
- National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day – Turn an ordinary PB and J into a ghost in this fun recipe.
- National Chocolate Mousse Day – This strawberry chocolate mousse recipe is the perfect way to celebrate.
- Fish Fingers and Custard Day – Discover why it’s also known as fish custard.
- National Chicken Cordon Bleu Day – Try this baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe for only 6 WW points.
- International Carrot Day – Learn how to re-grow carrot greens from scraps here.
- National Deep Dish Pizza Day – Find out the difference between a deep dish and regular pizza here.
- National Raisin and Spice Bar Day – These raisin spice bars have a great blend of spices.
- National Caramel Day – The caramel icing on these muffins is to die for!
- National Caramel Popcorn Day – Get some tips and tricks for making this tasty treat here.
- Hostess Twinkie Day– Learn about the history of Twinkies here.
- Fresh Tomato Day – Check out this list of dos and don’ts for growing sweeter tomatoes.
- National Coffee Cake Day – Enjoy this coffee cake recipe on a gluten free diet.
- National Beer Day – Find out all about this fun national April drink day.
- National Empanada Day – Get, not 1 – but 9, mouth-watering empanada recipes here.
- National Chinese Almond Cookie Day – Check out these almond cookies with an ice cream center.
- National Cinnamon Crescent Day – Get some fun facts and lots of tasty cinnamon crescent recipes.
- National Cheese Fondue Day – Learn about the origin of cheese fondue in this post.
- National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day– Who wants to celebrate this national day with some tasty grilled cheese sandwich recipes?
- National Licorice Day – Discover how licorice is made and get some fun facts about this yummy sweet treat.
- National Make Lunch Count Day – You’ll be sure you lunch counts if you use these 20 tips for making great sandwiches.
- National Peach Cobbler Day – Find out about the rich history of this day and get some recipes to share.
- National Pecan Day – Everything you wanted to know about pecans can be found here.
- National Glazed Spiral Ham Day – The perfect Easter dinner meal. Get some great ham recipes.
- McDonald’s Day – Founded in 1955, the history of this popular fast-food chain may surprise you with some fun facts.
Here is another tweet to share these April food holidaysCheck out all the National Food Days to celebrate in April at Always The Holidays. #celebratenationaldays #nationaldays #nationalfooddays Click To Tweet
Food holidays in April that change each year
Some of the food days in April don’t have an exact date but are celebrated on a specific day of the week. Here are the ones in April that change each year.
- Whole Grain Sampling Day ( First Wednesday in April.) Find out how much you know about grains by taking the whole grains quiz here.
- National Burrito Day (First Thursday In April) – Get some fun facts about burritos and some tasty recipes.
- National Sweet Potato Day (First Monday in April) – Learn about growing sweet potatoes and get some recipes.
- Easter – (changes each year – April 12 in 2022) – The kids will love these bird’s nest cupcakes for an Easter treat.
- International Cake Pizza Day (Third Thursday in April) – Watch this video to learn how to make a cake pizza.
More April food days to celebrate
We are halfway through the month and look at all the national food holidays we have covered already! There is so much more to come, too!
Perhaps eggs Benedict or cheese balls or another of these national days in the next two weeks will be right up your alley.
- National Eggs Benedict Day – Find out why they are called Eggs Benedict.
- Day of the Mushroom – You’ll be an expert if you learn these tips for cooking with mushrooms.
- National Cheese ball Day – Celebrate in style with these tasty recipes.
- National Animal Crackers Day – Get some fun facts about this popular kids snack and some recipes using animal crackers, as well.
- National Amaretto Day – Amaretto is an Italian based liqueur. Find out what to mix it with for cocktails.
- National Garlic Day – Get some activities, recipes and growing tips for garlic.
- National Cheddar Fries Day – Try Andy Capp’s Great Tasting Cheddar Fries.
- National Lima Bean Respect Day – Are lima beans the same as edamame? Get the answer here.
- National Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day – Get the perfect look with a pineapple upside down cake pan.
- National Chocolate Covered Cashews Day – Get some recipes for chocolate covered recipes for anything!
- National Tea Day – Find out more about tea facts, and discover some ways to celebrate this popular tea day.
Food holidays for the last week in April
There is just one week left. Which food day will you celebrate?
- National Jelly Bean Day – When the plain ones won’t do, try these gourmet jelly beans for a change.
- National Cherry Cheesecake Day – Try this lightened up version of the traditional cheesecake here.
- National Picnic Day – Learn more about picnic day and then grab a picnic basket and head to the great outdoors.
- German Beer Day – Find out why beer is so popular in Germany.
- National Pigs in a Blanket Day – Getting a pigs in a blanket maker will pop the fun appetizer out in seconds.
- National Zucchini Bread Day – This whole wheat zucchini bread recipe is the perfect way to celebrate.
- National Pretzel Day – Pretzels aren’t just for snacking. They can be used in all sorts of recipes, as well!
- National Devil Dog Day – No need to buy them at the store when you can easily make devil dogs at home!
- National Prime Rib Day – Learn how to cook prime rib better than a steak house.
- National Blueberry Pie Day – Get some blueberry pie and other blueberry recipes to celebrate.
- National Shrimp Scampi Day – This copycat recipe for shrimp scampi is amazing.
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day – Try this lower calorie oatmeal cookie recipe.
- National Raisin Day – Find out some health benefits of eating raisins.
Do you like to do puzzles? Print out my word search April puzzle here. It features many of the food days hidden in a word find puzzle.
More national food day lists
Each month has its own list of foodie national days. Here are some other foodie national day lists:
- January food holidays
- February food celebrations
- March food holidays
- List of food days in April – this page!
- May national food holidays.
- List of food days in June
- List of food days in July
- August national food days
- National food days for September
- October food holidays
- December food holidays
November food days to come later!
Pin the food days in April for later
Would you like a reminder of these April national food days? Pin this image to one of your food boards on Pinterest.
You can also watch our April food holidays video on YouTube.
- Heavy cardstock or printer paper
- Computer printer
- Load your heavy card stock or glossy photo paper into your Deskjet printer.
- Choose portrait layout and if possible "fit to page" in your settings.
- Print out and use the to do list to plan your menus for the month.