This list of national food days in April gives us so many recipes to share. From pecans to oatmeal cookies every day of the month has at least one food or drink associated with it which makes it easy to celebrate.
National days are fun to celebrate, no matter the reason. But when you mention foods and tasty drinks, everyone gets excited.
Unsure about what National Days are? Check out my national days guide for more information.
If you are a foodie, you are probably aware just how many days of the year are devoted to entertaining with a favorite food. You will probably find that you are scouring the internet to find out what food we get to celebrate today.
National days are a great way to tie food, family and celebrations together. Nothing quite says Easter like some glazed spiral ham for Easter Sunday dinner, does it?
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
What are national food days?
Do you like those diet cookbooks where there isn’t anything to decide, but the author tells you what to eat on each day during the month? National food days are somewhat like this.
Food days are the internet’s way of telling you that you should cook a special food that day based on what the national day of the month is.
Check out the national day list for April and look through the list. See how many of them are devoted to food? I’m going to make it even easier for you.
Just browse this list below. Every day is associated with food or drink in some way. With this list you can’t go wrong with your party planning.
April food monthly observances
April is right in the middle of spring for many of us, and this gives us a chance to use some of the foods that are starting to grow now in our gardens.
It is not just days of the month that are associated with food. Sometimes the whole month is known for a certain type of food. For April we observe these foods:
April is National Pecan Month. Let's make some recipes with pecans!! #nationalpecanmonth #pecans Click To Tweet
- National Pecan Month
- National Soy Foods Month
- National Soft Pretzel Month
- National Fresh Celery Month
List of April national food days
Even though spring and the outdoors are on our minds in April, the month is also filled with some decadent foods for entertaining indoors, as well.
Here is a list of all the April food holidays to look forward to. Most are labeled national days (or international days) and others are just labeled by the food itself.
I have also given you lots of ideas for recipes and other ways to celebrate these Foodie National Days. Have fun!
April food days
Below is a list of the national food days in April. On some of the days, there are recipes to help you celebrate, and on other days, there are links to products on Amazon that will help you get the most out of the national day.
(I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links but there is no extra cost to you.)
- National Sourdough Bread Day – Get a recipe for sour dough bread as well as some other Artisan breads here.
- Edible Book Day – Find out about this tasty festival on Books to Eat.
- Whole Grain Sampling Day ( First Wednesday in April.) Find out how much you know about grains by taking the whole grains quiz here
- National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day – Turn an ordinary PB and J into a ghost in this fun recipe.
- National Burrito Day (First Thursday In April) – Get some fun facts about Burritos and some tasty recipes.
- National Chocolate Mousse Day – This strawberry chocolate mousse recipe is the perfect way to celebrate.
- Fish Fingers and Custard Day – Discover why it’s also known as fish custard.
- National Chicken Cordon Bleu Day – Try this baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe for only 6 WW points.
- International Carrot Day – Learn how to re-grow carrot greens from scraps here.
- National Caramel Day – The caramel icing on these muffins is to die for!
- National Deep Dish Pizza Day – Find out the difference between a deep dish and regular pizza here.
- National Raisin and Spice Bar Day – These raisin spice bars have a great blend of spices.
- National Caramel Popcorn Day – Get some tips and tricks for making this tasty treat here.
- Hostess Twinkie Day- Learn about the history of Twinkies here.
- Fresh Tomato Day – Check out this list of dos and don’ts for growing sweeter tomatoes.
- National Sweet Potato Day (First Monday in April) – Learn about growing Sweet Potatoes and get some recipes.
- National Coffee Cake Day – Enjoy this coffee cake recipe on a gluten free diet.
- National Beer Day – Find out all about this fun National Day.
- National Empanada Day – Get, not 1 – but 9, mouth-watering empanada recipes here.
- National Chinese Almond Cookie Day – Check out these almond cookies with an ice cream center.
- National Cinnamon Crescent Day – Get some fun facts and lots of tasty cinnamon crescent recipes.
- National Cheese Fondue Day – Learn about the origin of cheese fondue in this post.
- National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day– Who wants to celebrate with some tasty recipes?
- National Licorice Day – Discover how licorice is made and get some fun facts about this yummy sweet treat.
- Easter – (changes each year) – The kids will love these bird’s nest cupcakes for an Easter treat.
- National Make Lunch Count Day – You’ll be sure you lunch counts if you use these 20 tips for making great sandwiches.
- National Peach Cobbler Day – Find out about the rich history of this day and get some recipes to share.
- National Pecan Day – Everything you wanted to know about pecans can be found here.
- National Glazed Spiral Ham Day – The perfect Easter dinner meal. Get some great ham recipes.
- McDonald’s Day – Founded in 1955, the history of this fast-food chain may surprise you with some fun facts.
We are halfway through the month and look at all the national food holidays we have covered already! There is so much more to come, too!
Perhaps eggs Benedict or cheese balls or another of these national days in the next two weeks will be right up your alley.
- National Eggs Benedict Day – Find out why they are called Eggs Benedict.
- Day of the Mushroom – You’ll be an expert if you learn these tips for cooking with mushrooms.
- International Cake Pizza Day (Third Thursday in April) – Watch this video to learn how to make a cake pizza.
- National Cheese ball Day – Celebrate in style with these tasty recipes
- National Animal Crackers Day – Get some fun facts about this popular kids snack and some recipes using animal crackers, as well.
- National Amaretto Day – Amaretto is an Italian based liqueur. Find out what to mix it with for cocktails.
- National Garlic Day – Get some activities, recipes and growing tips for garlic.
- National Cheddar Fries Day – Try Andy Capp’s Great Tasting Cheddar Fries.
- National Lima Bean Respect Day – Are lima beans the same as edamame? Get the answer here.
- National Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day – Get the perfect look with a pineapple upside down cake pan.
- National Chocolate Covered Cashews Day – Get some recipes for chocolate covered recipes for anything!
- National Tea Day – Find out more about tea facts, and discover some ways to celebrate this popular day.
Just a week left. Which day will you celebrate?
- National Jelly Bean Day – When the plain ones won’t do, try these gourmet jelly beans for a change.
- National Cherry Cheesecake Day – Try this lightened up version of the traditional cheesecake here.
- National Picnic Day – Grab a picnic basket and head to the great outdoors.
- German Beer Day – Find out why beer is so popular in Germany.
- National Pigs in a Blanket Day – Getting a pigs in a blanket maker will pop the fun appetizer out in seconds.
- National Zucchini Bread Day – This whole wheat zucchini bread recipe is the perfect way to celebrate.
- National Pretzel Day – Pretzels aren’t just for snacking. They can be used in all sorts of recipes, as well!
- National Devil Dog Day – No need to buy them at the store when you can easily make devil dogs at home!
- National Prime Rib Day – Learn how to cook prime rib better than a steak house.
- National Blueberry Pie Day – Get some blueberry pie and other blueberry recipes to celebrate.
- National Shrimp Scampi Day – No need to go out – This Red Lobster copycat recipe for shrimp scampi is amazing.
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day – Try this lower calorie oatmeal cookie recipe.
- National Raisin Day – Find out some health benefits of eating raisins.
It is not just food that has a national day celebrated with it during April. All sorts of topics get made into national days.
Do you like to do puzzles? Print out my word search April puzzle here. It features many of the food days hidden in a word find puzzle.
More national food lists
Each month has its own list of foodie national days. Here are some other foodie national day lists:
- January food holidays
- February food celebrations
- March food holidays
- List of food days in April – this page!
- May national food holidays.
- List of food days in June
- List of food days in July
- August national food days
- National food days for September
More to come later!
Looking for more inspiration? Be sure to check out my Pinterest national days board. It has loads of ideas for all national food days of the year.
Pin the food days in April for later
Would you like a reminder of these April national food days? Pin this image to one of your food boards on Pinterest.