Are you looking for special days in the month of February to celebrate with food? Then this list of February food holidays is for you!
There are 365 days of the year and almost every single one of them has a national day or foodie holiday associated with it!
National days are always a lot of fun to celebrate, no matter the reason. But when you mention foods and tasty cocktails, everyone gets excited.
Unsure about what national days are? Check out my national days guide for more information.
If you are a foodie, you will certainly be aware of just how many days of the year are devoted to entertaining with a favorite food.
You will probably find that you are scouring the internet to find out the answer to this question: What national food day is it today?
National days are a great way to bring together family and friends with special occasions. And we know that most of these include food.
Nothing quite says Valentine’s Day like a love potion cocktail, does it?
Always the Holidays is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
What are national food days?
Do you like those diet cookbooks where you don’t have to make any choices since the author tells you what to eat on each day during the month? National food days are somewhat like this.
Food holidays are the internet’s way of telling you that you should cook a special food that day based on what the national day of the month is.
If you check out any national day list and look through the list, you will see how many of them are devoted to food? I’m going to make it even easier for you by making a list that includes only food holidays.
Just browse this list below. Every day is associated with food or drink in some way. With this list you can’t go wrong with your party planning.
February monthly food observances
February is right in the middle of the cold part of the year for many of us, and this gives us a chance to use some of the foods that are hot or are considered comfort foods.
It is not just days of the month that are associated with food. Sometimes the whole month is known for a certain type of food. For February we observe these foods this month:
- National Snack Food Month
- National Hot Breakfast Month
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Cherry Month
- Great American Pies Month
- National Bake for Family Fun Month
- National Canned Food Month
- National Chocolate Lovers Month
- National Potato Lovers Month
Share these February food holidays on Twitter
If you enjoyed this post about the food and drink days in February, be sure to share them with a friend. Here is a tweet to get you started:February is the month of love and chocolate. Check out the National Food Holidays at Always the Holidays.💗 🍫💖 Click To Tweet
List of February national food days
Even though love is on our minds in February, the month is also filled with lots of other delicious food holidays as well.
Here is a list of all the February food holidays to look forward to. Most are labeled national days (or international days) and others are just labeled by the food itself.
I have also given you lots of ideas for recipes and other ways to celebrate these foodie national days. From cake pops to heavenly hash and nutella, these are all days to have fun!
List of February food days
Below is a list of the national food days in February. On some of the days, there are to recipes to help you celebrate, and on other days, there are links to products on Amazon that will help you get the most out of the national day.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
- National Cake Pops Day – Make cake pops easily at home with a cake pop maker.
- National Baked Alaska Day – Watch a video about making this frozen dessert here.
- National Dark Chocolate Day – Get a recipe for easy dark chocolate fudge.
- Decorating With Candy Day – Use your candy to decorate these Valentine’s Day Cupcakes.
- National Heavenly Hash Day – Get 50 out of this world recipes in the Heavenly Hash Cookbook.
- National Tater Tot Day – Make your own tater tots at home.
- California Kiwifruit Day – Learn about Kiwifruit grown in California.
- National Carrot Cake Day – Find out about the history of carrot cake and get some recipes.
- National Homemade Soup Day – Learn some fun facts and find out recipes to warm you up on a chilly February night.
- National Stuffed Mushroom Day – Celebrate with some cheddar stuffed mushrooms today.
- World Nutella Day – What better day to enjoy these Paleo Nutella Pudding Pops than today?
- National Chocolate Fondue Day – Enjoy your homemade chocolate fondue in a heart shaped fondue set.
- National Frozen Yogurt Day – Froyo has been a popular alternative to ice cream for decades. Get some recipes to celebrate this tasty day.
- National Chopsticks Day – Put your chopsticks to use eating these Spicy Asian Meatballs.
- National Fettuccine Alfredo Day – save the calories by making this shrimp fettuccine Alfredo recipe.
- National Potato Lover’s Day – Make a German Potato Salad for dinner to celebrate.
- National Molasses Bar Day – Get Grandma Marion’s Molasses Bars recipe.
- National Pizza Day – Skip the meat with this Vegetarian Pizza with Pineapple.
- National Bagel Day – Watch a video that shows how New York Bagels are made.
- Pizza Pie Day – This Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza Pie is the perfect way to celebrate.
- National Cream Cheese Brownie Day – Who can wait? Try a strawberry cream cheese brownie today.
- National Have a Brownie Day – Have one yourself, a cookie dough brownie, that is.
- National Peppermint Patty Day – Try Pearson’s Mint Patties in a huge jar.
- National Don’t Cry over Spilled Milk Day – Don’t cry over it – use it to make a Kahlua Rumba Cocktail.
- National Plum Pudding Day – Enjoy the taste of a Matthew Walker plum pudding, imported from the UK.
- National Crab Rangoon Day – Enjoy these homemade crab rangoon appetizers made in phyllo cups today.
- National Cheddar Day – It’s Copycat Time – These Cheddar Bay Biscuits taste almost like the real deal!
- National Tortellini Day – Make some at home with Corabella Four Cheese tortellini.
- National Italian Food Day – One of these Italian recipes is sure to hit the spot!
- Valentine’s Day – Make some Tootsie Pop Flowers to celebrate.
- National Cream Filled Chocolates Day – Treat your special someone to a box of cream filled chocolates to celebrate.
- National Gumdrop Day – This gumdrop cookie recipe are great at the holidays or any time of the year.
- National I Want Butterscotch Day – Indulge your sweet tooth with some butterscotch candy.
Variable food holidays in February
Some food days don’t have an exact date, but are celebrated based on the day of the week that they fall. Variable food holidays in February are these:
- National Bubblegum Day (1st Friday) – Fill your Bubblegum Machine with Rain-blo bubblegum in all the colors of the rainbow.
- Ice Cream for Breakfast Day – (1st Saturday) – Why go to the ice cream shop? Make your own at home with an ice cream maker.
- Oatmeal Monday (2nd Monday) – These strawberry oatmeal bars use whole wheat pastry flour.
- National No One Eats Alone Day (2nd Friday) – Enjoy these recipes made for two people.
- National Tartar Sauce – Date changes each year Friday after Ash Wednesday – February 24 in 2023)
- Super Chicken Wing Day – This tasty holiday is celebrated on Super Bowl Sunday each year – 2nd Sunday of February. Get some facts about chicken wings and also some tasty recipes to honor both days.
- National Pork Rind Appreciation – (Observed on Super Bowl Sunday – 2nd Sunday) – Indulge in some crispy pork rinds for the game.
- Fat Tuesday (Day before Ash Wednesday) – Fat Tuesday is a religious celebration, of sorts. Find out why it’s celebrated.
- National Chili Day (4th Thursday) – Do you like your super hot?
- Open that Bottle Night (last Saturday) – You’ll need those bottles for these cocktail recipes.
Here is another tweet about the food holidays to shareIt's Valentine's Day on February 14. Find out about the Food holidays that we also celebrate this month.🤎 Click To Tweet
We are halfway through the month and look at all the national food holidays we have covered already! There is so much more to come, too!
Perhaps Indian pudding, wine, chocolate mint or another of these national days in the next two weeks will be right up your alley.
- National Almond Day – Make your own Almond Joy candy bars at home.
- National Cabbage Day – Make a crunchy southern cabbage slaw at home for dinner tonight.
- National Cafe Au Lait Day – Find out the difference between latte and café au lait and get lots of ideas to celebrate the day.
- National Indian Pudding Day (also February 17, June 27 and November 13) – Make an Indian Pudding from scratch with this recipe.
- National Crab Stuffed Flounder Day – Get a recipe for restaurant stuffed flounder.
- National Drink Wine Day – Celebrate one of many national wine days that happen during the year and after you are done, make a decoration from the wine corks for your front door.
- National Chocolate Mint Day – What better way to celebrate than with some homemade chocolate mint cookies. Get the recipe and find out more about this tasty day.
- National Cherry Pie Day – Don’t let it play second fiddle to the apple pie!
- National Muffin Day – Don’t eat too many of these muffins, or you might get a muffin top!
- National Sticky Bun Day – What better way to celebrate than with some delicious sticky buns?
- National Grain Free Day – Instead of eating grains, try using cauliflower to make some Mexican rice.
Just a week left. Which day will you celebrate?
Why not share these food and drink days on Twitter?Dark Chocolate, cherry pie, cake pops, pizza and nutella all are National Food holidays in February. 🎂🍒☕ Click To Tweet
- National Margarita Day – For a change from the traditional margarita, make some dragonfruit margaritas instead.
- National Cook a Sweet Potato Day – Sweet potatoes are popular, they also have another national day devoted to them.
- National Banana Bread Day – On a diet? Try this homemade Weight Watchers Banana Bread recipe.
- National Dog Biscuit Day – Treat your furry friend to these homemade peanut butter dog biscuits.
- World Bartender Day – Brush up on the history of bartending and get some drinks to practice your bartending skills.
- National Tortilla Chip Day – One of everybody’s favorite snack chips. Get some recipes to go with them.
- National Chocolate Covered Nut Day – Eat a handful and check out Chocolate Covered Cashews Day, as well.
- I-Hop National Pancake Day – Make your pancakes with bananas and pumpkin for a change.
- National Clam Chowder Day – Try some ready to serve clam chowder from Bar Harbor, Maine.
- Let’s All Eat Right Day – Check out these Heart Healthy Snack Ideas.
- National Pistachio Day – Treat yourself to this super tasty pistachio and almond pudding cake.
- National Personal Chef Day (also July 16) – Do you like to cook? Find out how to start a personal chef business.
- National Kahlua Day – Put your bottle of Kahlua to use in this Coffee Martini Recipe.
- National Strawberry Day – Get some tips for growing your own strawberries this summer.
- National Chocolate Soufflé Day – See how to make a chocolate soufflé in with this recipe and get some soufflé facts and learn the history.
February 29 (leap year)
- National Frog’s Legs Day (only occurs in a leap year.) – See how to French frog legs in this video.
More food holidays lists
Each month has its own list of foodie national days and each month celebrates different food holidays. Here are some other national day food lists:
- January food holidays
- February holidays for foodies – this page!
- March food national days
- List of food days in April
- May national food holidays.
- List of food days in June
- What are the food days in July
- August national food days
- National food days for September
- October food holidays
- December food holidays
November to come later soon!
Do you like to do puzzles? We feature a free printable each month. Print out the February word search puzzle here.
Monthly national day lists
It is not just food that is celebrated as a national day. Pets, activities, interesting occasions and so much more makes its way to a national day list.
There are over 2000 national days in the year and each month has about 150 -200 special days to celebrate. Get all the monthly lists here:
- National days of January
- National days in February
- March national days
- List of national days in April
- List of national days in May
- National days of June
- National days of July
- National days in August
- National days in September
- List of national days in October
- November national days
- National days of December
Pin the food days in February for later
Would you like a reminder of these February national food days? Pin this image to one of your food boards on Pinterest.
You can also watch our video on YouTube.
- Heavy cardstock or printer paper
- Computer printer
- Load your heavy card stock or glossy photo paper into your Deskjet printer.
- Choose portrait layout and if possible "fit to page" in your settings.
- Print out and use the to do list to plan your menus for the month.