A new month means it’s time for a national days word search. If you enjoy puzzles, you will love this free December word search printable for the national days of the month.
Search the seek and find puzzle for national days for December. They can be found in any direction, including diagonally.
Give yourself a few minutes of free time to de-stress, or let the kids try a non-screen activity that they will love.
Keep reading to find out more about the December national days and get your free December printable of national days.
Monthly observances for December
Not only does each day of the month have a special day associated with it, the whole month is also known for special events and happenings.
Among many other things, December is known as Operation Santa Paws Month, Safe Toys and Gifts Month and National Human Rights Month.
December is also full of other unusual national days that we can be aware of as we plan our activities for this month.
From Rosa Parks Day to Wildlife Conservation Day, and National Day of the Horse, there is always a reason to honor our special days.
Be sure to look for food national days in the custom word search puzzle
If you are a foodie, there are dozens of food themed national days this month. Both gingerbread houses and eggnog, along with many other foods, each get their own day this month!
Poinsettias are also significant in the month of December. Not only does National Poinsettia Day occur during the month, but poinsettias are one of the two flowers of December.
If you want to learn more about this holiday flower, make sure to check out these facts about Poinsettias.
Be sure to look for some of these days in our December printable word search.
Learn more about the national days of the year
If you enjoy learning about national days, be sure to check out our national day guide. It gives lots of information about all the pages on the site that give details about these special days.
To learn about what other days are celebrated in December, check out the list of national days of December. There are over 200 days to celebrate this month!
Many of them are featured in our winter word search puzzle.
Monthly national days word search printables
We have a free word search printable puzzle for each month of the year! Each one features national days of that month.
For the national days word search printables for the other months, check out these pages:
- January national days word find puzzle
- February national day word search printable
- Word search of March national days
- April national day word search printable
- May national day word find puzzle
- June national days word search puzzle
- July national day word search puzzle
- August national day word search printable
- September national day puzzle to search and find
- October national day printable word search puzzle
- Word search printable for November national days
- December word search printable of national days – this page!
Get holiday word search printable puzzles
In addition to our monthly free word search printables featuring the national days of the year, we also make holiday themed word search puzzles.
- Father’s Day – word search and word scramble
- Independence Day – word search and word scramble
- Summer – word search and word scramble
- Labor Day – word search and word scramble
- Fall – word search and word scramble
- Halloween – word search and word scramble
- Thanksgiving – word search and word scramble
Get the December word search printable of national days
Please note: These custom word search printables take a long time to make. They are for personal use only.
If you are sharing this December word find printable (and thank you for that!), please link directly to this post and not to the actual puzzle image.
We appreciate your help in supporting the site. The printables may not be used for any retail purpose or for mass distribution.
You can either download the December word search puzzle of national days through the link below, or print it out in the project card at the bottom of the page.
Click here to download the December word search. The puzzle will print out on on a full sheet of paper in the portrait format.
Be sure choose portrait orientation and “fit to page” for the printable area on your printer settings. Printing this way will give you a full page printout.
If you prefer to download the December printable word search from the project card at the bottom of the page, scroll down and press “print”. It will print out the puzzle in a slightly smaller size.
December word search of national days answer key
Some free printable word searches are easy to solve and others leave you scratching your head looking for that one last word.
If you are having hard time solving this winter word search puzzle, you can click here for the answer key.
Share this December word search printable of national days on Twitter
Want to share this December printable word search with your friend and family? Spread the word with this tweet:It's time for our monthly free printable. If you like to do puzzles, check out the December word search puzzle printable on Always The Holidays! 🎅🍬🤶🎄 #nationaldays #wordsearch #wordfind #printable Click To Tweet
Pin this December word search printable for later
Would you like a reminder of this free December printable word search puzzle? Just pin this image to one of your boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
Admin note: this post for December word search printable printable first appeared on the blog in December of 2020. We have updated the post to add all new photos, an updated puzzle for this year, and a video for you to enjoy.
- Heavy cardstock or computer paper
- Deskjet printer
- Load your heavy cardstock or computer paper into your Deskjet printer.
- Choose portrait layout and if possible "fit to page" in your settings.
- Print the December word search puzzle and try to find the month's national days and Christmas terms in it.
- The list of words on the bottom of the seek and find puzzle are found left to right, right to left, top to bottom, bottom to top, and diagonally in any direction.
- Search for the words, circle them and then cross them off the bottom list.
- See how quickly you can do the winter word search puzzle!
Using this print function on this card will print a puzzle that fills about 3/4 of an 8 x 11 sheet of paper.
To fill the entire page, choose "fit to page" on your printer if you have this setting, or use the link in the post above and print using the browser print feature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.