Printable Recipe: Gumdrop Cookies
These festive gumdrop cookies are easy to make and very tasty. They would make a lovely addition to your annual cookie exchange.
The cookies are full of flavor with a nice mixture of brown sugar, vanilla extract and butter combined with all purpose flour. Gumdrop candies give the cookies some extra color and texture for the festive season.
If you are making these for Christmas, use only the red and green gumdrops. The other colors are fine for other times of the year.
- 1/4 cup of butter flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of red and green gumdrops
- Preheat the oven to 375 º F.
- Beat the shortening and butter at a medium speed with your mixer until softened and well combined.
- Add 1/2 of the flour, then the granulated sugar and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Now add the brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract and baking soda. Beat until well mixed, scraping the sides often.
- For the last step, now add the rest of the flour and mix well.
- Fold in the gumdrops.
- Drop by rounded tsp 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cook on the baking sheet for one minute and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.