Today is Stick to Your New Year’s Resolution Day. Read on to learn how celebrate this day, and get tips for how to keep your New Year’s resolution!
Now that we are almost half way through January, it’s a great time to review our New Year’s resolutions. Stick to Your New Year’s Resolution Day gives us the perfect opportunity to not only review our resolutions, but to recommit as well!
This motivational day is just one of the national days that we celebrate each year. They are a fun way to honor odd and unusual foods, animals and items that we come into contact with. Be sure to check out my National Day’s Guide for more fun days to celebrate.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
What is Stick to Your New Year’s Resolution Day?
Stick to Your New Year’s Resolution Day is a special day that celebrates sticking to your New Year’s goals. It is a far cry from Ditch New Years Resolutions Day which falls later in the month.
The Times Tribune claims that 80% of people have failed their new year’s resolutions by the start of February and only 8% of people keep them all year long.
Let Stick to Your New Year’s Resolutions Day refresh your dedication to keeping your resolutions for the New Year!
January 12 national day
Since Stick to Your New Year’s Resolutions Day is all about New Year’s plans and goals, it makes sense that this day occurs in the beginning of the year.
It falls annually on January 12 and provides us with a great opportunity to refresh our pledge to keep our resolutions all year long!
Remember, when you made your New Year’s resolution, it was important to you. Today is a day to honor that feeling, and remember to stick to your resolutions.
How to celebrate Stick to Your New Year’s Resolution Day
Would you like to celebrate Stick to Your New Year’s Resolution Day in a special way? Try one of these ideas.
- Write your New Year’s resolution in a place you’ll see it often. Try writing it on a post it note and putting it on your mirror!
- Do something tangible today to help you make progress towards your resolutions.
- Call a friend and talk to them about New Year’s resolutions. Share yours, and ask about theirs!
- Since it’s still early in the New Year, make it a resolution to try out some lucky foods for the year.
- Pick a reward for achieving your resolutions. I suggest one for each resolution, or if you have one big resolution, break it down into stages and pick your reward for each stage being complete.
- Solve the word search puzzle for January to see if you can find New Years Resolutions Day in it.
- Spread the word on social media using the hashtag #NewYearsResolutions. Here is a tweet to get you started:
3 New Year’s resolution tips
In honor of Stick to Your New Year’s Resolution Day, I want to share my top 3 New Year’s resolution tips that will actually help you stick to your New Year’s goals!
#1 – Accountability. If you know you have a hard time being accountable to yourself, share your resolutions with a trusted friend, and ask them to check in with you about it.
#2 – Make a plan. I’m sure you’ve heard Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s famous quote, “A goal without a plan is just a wish”. It’s very true. Look at your goals and see how you can make a plan of action to achieve them.
#3 – Keep track of your progress. Sometimes it can be daunting to have a lot of big goals with seemingly no end in sight. Keep a resolutions journal where you write down the progress you’ve made!
More national days in January
There are close to 2000 National Days in the year and over 150 of them are celebrated in January.
To see them all, have a look at this post to discover more about the National Days in January.
Is food your thing? Each day of the month has a food or drink associated with it, too. You’ll find all the January food holidays here.
Be sure to also check out these National Days this Month:
- National Spaghetti Day – Check out this national day for fun facts spaghetti and some delicious recipes too!
- National Shortbread Day – Honor this tasty treat by making your own shortbread with our recipe!
- National Disc Jockey Day – Celebrate your favorite DJs by learning all about this interesting national day.
- National Peanut Butter Day – Ready to learn everything you ever wanted to know about peanut butter? Head over to the National Peanut Butter Day page!
Pin this post on Stick to Your New Year’s Resolution Day for later
Would you like a reminder of this post for this inspiring national day? Just pin this image to one of your trivia boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
About the author
Since graduating from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Jess has been living and working in Los Angeles, CA. She is a freelance writer, specializing in content related to fashion, food and drink and film industry topics. Find out more about Jess here.