The days leading up to Halloween are the perfect time to try our new monthly free printable puzzle! We hope you enjoy this October word search printable of the national days this month.
Various national days for October are hidden in the word find puzzle for you to search, find and cross off. You will find the words going in all directions, so search carefully.
Use the seek and find puzzle to take a few minutes of free time for yourself, or give your kids a fun a non-screen activity that they will love.
Keep reading to find out more about the October national days and to download your free printable word search.
Which days do we feature in this October word search printable?
October national days give us a month full of fun. The month covers everything related to autumn, but there is much more to celebrate.
There are so many exciting days to celebrate during the month of October.
For many of us, the month marks the beginning of the entertaining part of year with lots of holidays to plan for starting this month.
Which of these days will make it into our free word search puzzle printable?
The weather is starting to get cooler and thoughts of fall are in the mind.
With Halloween happening late in the month, we have lots of reasons to cook and craft spooky things.
From National Pumpkin Day to World Pasta Day, there are many opportunities to cook special food this month too.
October national days to look for in the printable word search puzzle
This month we celebrate the cooler weather, spending more time indoors and preparing for the holidays.
October is filled with a wide mix of national days. Just a few of the fun national days of October we can enjoy are:
- Blue Shirt Day
- International Music Day
- Golf Lover’s Day
- International Artist Day
- Handbag Day
- Carve a Pumpkin Day
- National Butterfly and Hummingbird Day
- National Mad Hatter Day
- National It’s My Party Day
For animal lovers, the octopus, sloths, and even black dogs (and black cats) get their own days this month! Other animal inspired national days this month are:
- International Raccoon Appreciation Day
- World Day for Farmed Animals
- World Animal Day
- Squid and Cuttlefish Day
- National Pug Day
- Global Cat Day
- National Make a Dog’s Day Day
Find out more about the national days of the year
If you enjoy learning which national days are celebrated this month, be sure to check out the full list of national days of October.
There are over 200 days to celebrate this month!
Do you want to find out more about national days for other months? Be sure to check out my national day guide.
The guide gives information on all the blog posts on the site that contain information about these special days of every month.
You will get so many ideas for celebrating all of the national days. Did you know that there are over 2000 special days to celebrate each year?
Finding food and drink national days in the word find puzzle
Every month of the year has loads of food and drink days to celebrate and October is no exception.
October is National Chili Month, Whole Apple Month and National Pumpkin Month.
Many of the national days are devoted to the fall foods, which makes sense since October is the first full month of fall.
This month is has many days that honor our favorite foods. National Caramel Apple Day is just one of the foodie days on October 31.
Since it the beginning of three months of major holidays, it’s no surprise that October features party food and Halloween food.
If you are a food lover, you’ll enjoy celebrating these October national food and drink days. Some of them are included in this month’s seek and find puzzle:
- National Homemade Cookies Day
- International Coffee Day
- National Fried Scallops Day
- National Cake Decorating Day
- National Dessert Day
- National Oatmeal Day
- National American Beer Day
- Eat a Pretzel Day
- National Vodka Day
- National Liqueur Day
- National Mushroom Day
- National Pasta Day
- National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
- National Food Day
- National Candy Corn Day
- National Pumpkin Seed Day
There are many other tasty food holidays. October has over 30 of them!
Holiday word scrambles and word search printable puzzles
In addition to our monthly custom word search printables featuring the national days of the year, we also make holiday themed word search puzzles.
- Groundhog Day – word search puzzle
- Valentine’s Day – word search and word scramble
- Mardi Gras – word search and word scramble
- St. Patrick’s Day – word search and word scramble
- Spring – word search and word scramble
- Father’s Day – word search and word scramble
- Independence Day – word search and word scramble
- Summer – word search and word scramble
- Labor Day – word search and word scramble
- Fall – word search and word scramble
- Thanksgiving – word search and word scramble
- Winter – word search and word scramble
- Christmas – word search and word scramble
More national day word search printables
We have a free word search printable puzzle for each month of the year! Each one features national days of that month.
For the national days word search printables for the months other than October, check out these pages:
- January national days word find puzzle
- February national day word search printable
- Word search of March national days
- April national day word search printable
- May national day word find puzzle
- June national days word search puzzle
- July national day word search puzzle
- August national day word search printable
- September national day puzzle to search and find
- October word search printable of national days – this page
- Word search printable for November national days
- December national day word search printable
Get the October word search printable of national days
Please note: These word search printables take a long time to make. They are for personal use only.
If you are sharing this October word search printable (and thank you for that!), please link directly to this post and not to the actual puzzle image.
We appreciate your help in supporting the site. The printables may not be used for any retail purpose or for mass distribution.
You can either download the October printable word search through the link below, or print it out in the project card at the bottom of the page.
Click here to download the October word search printable. The puzzle will print out on on a full sheet of paper in the portrait format.
Be sure choose portrait orientation and “fit to page” for the printable area on your printer settings. Printing this way will give you a full page printout.
If you prefer to download the October printable from the project card at the bottom of the page, scroll down and press “print”. It will print out the puzzle in a slightly smaller size.
October word search of national days answer key
Some free printable word searches are easy to solve and others leave you scratching your head looking for that one last word.
If you are having hard time solving this fall word search puzzle printable, you can click here for the answer key.
Share this October word search printable on Twitter
Don’t forget to share this fall word find puzzle on social media using the hashtag #Octobernationaldays. Here is a tweet to get you started:It's time for our October printable word search of national days. If you enjoy puzzles, be sure to check out the free word search printable on Always The Holidays. You can print it out on your computer. Click To Tweet
Pin this word search printable of October national days
Would you like a reminder of this free printable puzzle? Just pin this image to one of your boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
What is your favorite national day to celebrate in October? Tell us about it in the comments below. Did we include your favorite national day in our October printable word search?
Admin note: this post for the October word search printable first appeared on the blog in October of 2019. We have updated the post to add all new photos, an updated puzzle and a video for you to enjoy.
- Computer paper or card stock
- Deskjet Printer
- Load your heavy cardstock or computer paper into your Deskjet printer.
- Choose portrait layout and if possible "fit to page" in your settings.
- Print the seek and find puzzle and try to locate the month's national days of October in it.
- The list of words on the bottom of the October printable are found left to right, right to left, top to bottom, bottom to top, and also diagonally in any direction.
- Search for the words, circle them and then cross them off the bottom list.
- See how quickly you can do the fall word search printable!
Using this print function on this card will print a puzzle that fills about 3/4 of an 8 x 11 sheet of paper.
To fill the entire page, choose "fit to page" on your printer if you have this setting, or use the link in the post above and print using the browser print feature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Summer Word Search Large Print: 1200+ Large Print Word Search Puzzle Books For Adults & Seniors To Keep Brain Active
Amazon Basics Premium Colored Pencils, Soft Core, 24 Count, Pack of 1, Multicolor
Autumn Word Searches Large Print Puzzle Book: Fall Word Search Books, Thanksgiving Word Search, Halloween Word Search