This list of National Food Days in July gives us so many recipes to share. From National Gingersnap Day to National Cotton Candy day, every day of the month has at least one food or drink associated with it which makes it easy to celebrate.
National days are fun to celebrate, no matter the reason. But add in some mention of foods and everyone gets excited. Unsure about what National Days are? Check out my National Days Guide for more information.
If you are a foodie, you are probably aware just how many days of the year are devoted to celebrating a favorite food. You will probably find that you are scouring the internet to find out what food today will celebrate.
National Days are a great way to tie food and celebrations together. Nothing quite says summer time or July like some celebrating with strawberry sundaes, does it?
Always the Holidays is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
What are National Food Days?
Do you like those diet cookbooks where there isn’t anything to decide, but the author tells you what to eat on each day of the month? National Food Days are a bit like this.
Food Days are the internet’s way of telling you what you could cook that day based on what the national day of the month it is.
Check out the National Day Calendar for July and look through the list. See how many of them are devoted to food? I’m going to make it even easier for you.
Just browse this list below. Every day is associated with food or drink in some way. With this list you can’t go wrong with your party planning.
July Food Monthly Observances
July is right in the middle of summer for many of us, so it makes sense that the foods honored this month are geared for eating outdoors.
It is not just individual days of the month that are associated with food. Sometimes the whole month is known for a certain type of food. For July we observe these foods:
July is National Hot Dog Month. Let's BBQ!! #nationalhotdogmonth #julyfooddays 🍓🍓 Click To Tweet
- National Hot Dog Month – What could be a better choice for an outdoor picnic this month than the traditional dog?
- National Ice Cream Month – Tempt your sweet tooth all month long and beat the heat at the same time!
- National Baked Bean Month – A great choice for any summer barbecue side dish.
- National Grilling Month – Fire up the grill all month long and enjoy the warm weather with great food and good friends.
- National Horseradish Month – Add a tasty kick to your meats and side dishes with this spicy sauce.
- National Blueberry Month – This versatile fruit is great in pancakes and muffins for breakfast and a welcome ingredient in any dessert.
- National Picnic Month – Pack up your picnic hamper and head to the great outdoors.
List of National Food Days in July
Even though eating outdoors and barbecues are on our minds in July, the month is also filled with some decadent foods, as well.
Here is a list of all the July Food Holidays to look forward to. Most are labeled national days (or international days) and others are just labeled by the food itself.
I have also given you lots of ideas for recipes and other ways to celebrate these Foodie National Days. Have fun!
July Food Day Calendar
Below is a list of the National Food Days in July . On some of the days, there are to recipes to help you celebrate, and on other days, there are links to posts or videos that will help you learn more about the history of each national day.
- National Gingersnap Day – Learn all about the history of gingersnap cookies.
- International Chicken Wing Day – Try these honey chicken wings with garlic and herbs.
- National Anisette Day – Find out – is anisette the same as sambucca?
- National Fried Clam Day – This guide to the different types of clams will let you know which ones you should be frying up.
- National Eat Your Beans Day – This fun mason jar project makes a mixed bean gift idea that will delight your friends.
- National Chocolate Wafer Day – Use chocolate wafer cookies to make these dirt cup desserts.
- National Barbecued Spareribs Day – Barbecued spare ribs are one of the staples of outdoor summer cooking. Find out how to make them perfectly every time.
- National Barbecue Day – Get 25 grilling tips for an fabulous summer barbecue that will amaze your friends.
- National Caesar Salad Day – Check out the history of the Caesar salad. You’ll be surprised to discover that it was invented in Mexico.
- Sidewalk Egg Frying Day – Find out how to make fried eggs with cookie cutters.
- National Apple Turnover Day – Watch this video to learn how to make this tasty apple treat, the easy way.
- National Graham Cracker Day – Use crushed graham crackers with butter to make the base for these mini cherry pies.
- National Fried Chicken Day – Lighten things up with this copycat KFC baked fried chicken recipe.
- National Strawberry Sundae Day – This video shows how to make the perfect strawberry sundae.
- National Macaroni Day – Celebrate with a macaroni salad that includes carrots and peas for your next barbeque.
- World Chocolate Day – Not one, but 16 different chocolate dessert recipes to tempt you today.
- National Milk Chocolate with Almonds Day – Honor the day by making some homemade Almond Joy candy – the ultimate in a milk chocolate and almonds combination.
- National Ice Cream Sundae Day – Find out the history of the ice cream sundae in this post.
- National Sugar Cookie Day – Learn how to make the perfect sugar cookie dough.
- National Pina Colada Day – Enjoy the popular summer time drink, and learn more about the pina colada origin to celebrate. You can also discover what’s in a pina colada and get some recipes to try.
- Pick Blueberries Day – And when you get them home, you can make this blueberry cobbler. It’s a summer time favorite.
- National Rainier Cherry Day – Find out how they differ from normal cherries.
- National Blueberry Muffin Day – Be careful! You might get a muffin top eating these blueberry streusel muffin top muffins.
- National Mojito Day – Learn about the history behind the mojito in this post.
- National Pecan Pie Day – How about some pecan pie cookies for a change?
- Eat Your Jello Day – Enjoy your jello, adult style, for your next party with these Vodka Jello shots.
- National French Fry Day – Do French Fries really come from France? Find out here.
- National Beans ‘N’ Franks Day – Celebrate the day with this easy skillet beans ‘n’ franks recipe.
- National Grand Marnier Day – Make your own home made Grand Marnier recipe.
- National Mac & Cheese Day – Find out about the history of mac and cheese in this post.
- National Tapioca Pudding Day – What is tapioca and how do you use it?
We are halfway through the month and look at all the national food holidays we have covered already!
There is so much more to come, too! Perhaps one of these national days in the next two weeks will be right up your alley.
- National Corn Fritters Day – Check out these corn fritters fun facts.
- National Fresh Spinach Day – This spinach frittata gives you all sorts of reasons to celebrate.
- National Peach Ice Cream Day – Get a recipe for Old Fashioned Peach Ice Cream.
- National Hot Dog Day – (closest Wednesday to July 19) – Enjoy a summer meal with hot dogs and potatoes.
- National Sour Candy Day – What gives sour candy its sour flavor?
- National Caviar Day – Find out why caviar is so expensive.
- National Daiquiri Day – Celebrate the day with an Island Oasis Strawberry Daiquiri.
- National Lollipop Day – Find out how a lollipop is made in this post.
- National Fortune Cookie Day – These fortune cookies have 0 calories!
- National Strawberry Rhubarb Wine Day – (3rd Sat.) – Learn how to make this tart alcoholic beverage at home
- National Junk Food Day – Learn who made the first junk food? (The answer might surprise you.)
- National Ice Cream Day – (3rd Sun.) Find out all about soft serve ice cream from a science point of view.
Just one week left. Which day will you celebrate?
- National Penuche Fudge Day – What on earth is penuche fudge, anyway?
- National Vanilla Ice Cream Day – Use vanilla ice cream to make almond ice cream sandwiches to celebrate.
- National Tequila Day – Use Patron tequila to make this refreshing Pineapple Cocktail.
- National Hot Fudge Sundae Day – Learn how to make a classic hot fudge sundae with this recipe.
- National Wine and Cheese Day – Discover how to host the perfect wine and cheese party for your friends.
- National Chili Dog Day – (Last Thurs. in July) – Find out when chili dogs where invented.
- National Bagelfest Day – Learn the history behind the bagelfest.
- National Coffee Milkshake Day – Get some tips for making the perfect milkshake.
- National Scotch Day – What is the difference between Scotch, Bourbon and Whiskey? Find out here.
- National Créme Bruléé Day – Learn how to make Ina Garten’s Creme Bruléé recipe.
- National Milk Chocolate Day – Milk chocolate is one of America’s favorite sweet tastes. Find out how it is made here.
- National Lasagna Day – Not a meat eater? Try this vegan lasagna for a change. It’s perfect for meatless Monday.
- National Chicken Wing Day – Try these spicy chicken wings for your next get together.
- National Cheesecake Day – If you love cheesecakes, you’ll be amazed at all these cheesecake recipes.
- National Raspberry Cake Day – These mini raspberry swirled cupcakes are the perfect summer time treat.
- National Avocado Day – Find out how to keep your avocado from turning brown.
- National Jump for Jellybeans Day – Who invented the jelly bean and how are they made? Find out here.
- National Cotton Candy Day (also December 7) – Cotton Candy is a staple at any State Fair. Find out why it is so fluffy and how it is made.
It is not just food that has a national day celebrated with it during July. All sorts of topics get made into National days.
Check out my calendar of National Days of July to find other national days to celebrate.
And if you love to plan for the month ahead, be sure to print out my National Day Printable Calendar.
Looking for More Inspiration? Be sure to check out my Pinterest National Days Board. It has loads of ideas for all national food days of the year.
Pin the food days in July for later
Would you like a reminder of these National Food Days in July? Pin this image to one of your food boards on Pinterest.
More National Food Days
The whole year is full of National days to celebrate with food and drink. Some remind us of our childhood and some give us new experiences.
All are lots of fun days to eat and drink with friends.
For other lists of National Food Days, check out these posts:
- List of January Food Days
- February Food Holidays
- List of Food Days in March
- National Food Days for April
- National Food Days in May
- List of Food Days in June
- Calendar of National Food Days in July – This page!
- August National Food Days
- National Food Days for September
Check back soon for the food calendars for the other months of the year.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."