These fun Halloween dirt cups will delight your kids in a spooky kind of way. They are super easy to make and would be fun to have on a Halloween party table.
I love this time of the year. It lets me be a kid again by making fun themed Halloween desserts. Your children will love the spookiness of this fun dessert. It’s as much fun to put together as it is to eat. Let the kids help with the decorating!
This recipe could not be easier to make and is sure to please both young and young at heart.
Making the Halloween Dirt Cups
This post contains affiliate links for your cooking convenience.
These pumpkin patch pudding cups require just a few ingredients:
- Oreo cookies (or any chocolate wafer cookie)
- Jello instant chocolate pudding mix
- Candy Pumpkins
- Gummy Worms
- Plastic cups (I got mine at the Dollar store.)
Start by making your pudding mix. I used a fat free sugar free pudding mix and skim milk in my cups. I just whisked it for about five minutes until it was thick and set it aside.
Remove the center icing from the cookies with a sharp knife.
Place the Oreo wafers in a food processor and pulsing them for a few minutes until you get a crumb like appearance that looks like dirt. (it really does!)
Assembling the pumpkin patch pudding cups
Place a layer of the crumbs into the bottom of a small plastic cup, add some chocolate pudding in the center.
Add a top layer of crumbs to complete the dirt part. Finally, add a few candy pumpkins and some gummy worms for a fun look to the top. What a fun spooky look!
That’s all there is to these Halloween dirt cups. They have a fun look, a creamy center and a crumb top and bottom for great texture when eating them.
There are lots of other ways to decorate these Halloween dirt cups. Take some sandwich cookies and pipe chocolate frosting in the letters RIP. Or add some peep ghosts, Frankenstein characters or black cat figures along with the worms. The sky is the limit for a spooky look.
You could even make a fun graveyard picket fence using craft sticks and place your dirt cups inside for a neat table centerpiece. Your Halloween party guests would love this!
- 1.5 ounces of fat free sugar free chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups skim milk
- 45 Oreo cookies without the filling
- 8 Candy pumpkins
- 8 Gummy worms
- optional: Milano cookies and Chocolate frosting
- Optional: Ghost Peeps
- Place the pudding mix and milk in a bowl and whisk until it is thick. Set aside.
- Remove the frosting from the center of the Oreo cookies with a knife. .
- Place the cookie pieces in food processor and pulse until they are crumbly.
- Place a thin layer of crushed cookie crumbs into the bottom of each plastic cup.
- Place a couple of spoonfuls of the chocolate pudding into each cup, so that the cups are about 2/3 full. Smooth the top of the pudding with a spoon.
- Add another thin layer of cookie crumbs on top of the pudding.
- Position 2 of candy pumpkins and a gummy worm on the top of the pudding cups.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 234 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 3mg Sodium 311mg Carbohydrates 67g Fiber 1g Sugar 43g Protein 5g