If you’re a chocolate fan, it’s your lucky day! We’ve compiled 20+ chocolate recipes to celebrate National Milk Chocolate Day.
Falling annually on July 28, National Milk Chocolate Day is a great excuse to celebrate milk chocolate! However, we wouldn’t stop you from celebrating it all year long!
Keep reading for ways to observe this July 28 national day, get our list of chocolate recipes and learn more about national days in general.
Milk chocolate vs. dark chocolate
Before we get into celebrating National Milk Chocolate Day, let’s make sure we understand the difference between milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
In the battle between milk chocolate vs. dark chocolate, there are some similarities. Both milk chocolate and dark chocolate contain cocoa solids and cocoa butter.
The thing that differentiates milk chocolate from dark chocolate is milk. Seems simple looking at the names, right?
Dark chocolate doesn’t have any added milk added, whereas milk chocolate does have milk added. Therefore, dark chocolate has a higher percentage of cocoa than milk chocolate.
White chocolate is different than both milk and dark chocolate because it doesn’t contain any cocoa solids. This technically means that white chocolate isn’t chocolate at all!
How to celebrate National Milk Chocolate Day
Now that you know the difference between milk chocolate and dark chocolate, let’s celebrate National Milk Chocolate Day!
There are lots of obvious ways to celebrate this July 28 national day. Here are a few other creative ideas to help honor it.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
- Visit your local chocolate shoppe and treat yourself to a piece of gourmet milk chocolate (or a few, we’re not gonna judge)!
- Get some chocolate decor to add to your kitchen like a hanging sign or a chocolate themed apron.
- Melt down some milk chocolate and make chocolate dipped fruit. It doesn’t have to be limited to strawberries, any fruit would be delicious – pineapple, blueberries, peaches, cherries, raspberries – the sky is the limit!
- Have a milk chocolate party. Let a chocolate fondue fountain be the center of the show!
- Take a tour of a chocolate factory like Hershey’s Chocolate World or Cadbury World.
- Make your own chocolate bars by using chocolate molds.
- Have chocolate for breakfast; no, really! Add milk chocolate chips to your pancakes this morning.
- Drizzle some melted chocolate on top of ice cream, frozen yogurt or popcorn to elevate your snacking.
Share this post with chocolate recipes for National Milk Chocolate Day on twitter:
Don’t forget to share this post about National Milk Chocolate Day with your friends. Here’s a tweet to get you started:Come celebrate National Milk Chocolate Day by learning the difference between milk chocolate and dark chocolate, plus get over 20 chocolate recipes! 🍫🍪 #milkchocolate #nationalmilkchocolateday Click To Tweet
What is a national day?
National days of the year are a fun way to celebrate odd and unusual foods, animals and items that you come into contact with. Be sure to check out this national day guide for more fun days to celebrate.
It gives information about the history of national days, why we celebrate them and includes some hashtags to use when sharing national days on social media.
There are close to 2000 national days in the year and over 150 of them are celebrated in July. To see them all, have a look at this post to discover more about the national days in July.
If you enjoy puzzles, be sure to also check out our July-themed word puzzles including this July word search printable of national days, this 4th of July word search puzzle and this 4th of July printable word scramble
Is food your thing? Each day of the month has a food or drink associated with it, too. You’ll find all the July food holidays here.
Be sure to also check out these national days this month:
- National Mojito Day – Nothing says summer like a refreshing mint cocktail. Get the recipe on this post.
- National Crème Brûlée Day – Learn facts about crème brûlée to honor this dessert themed national day.
- National Tattoo Day – Did you know the first tattoo dates back to 3300 B.C.E.? Learn more fun tattoo facts in this post!
- National Bikini Day – Find out the history of the bikini, and why this two piece swimsuit was so controversial.
- National Pina Colada Day – Find out where pina coladas originated, and how to make a pina colada to celebrate this national drink day.
- Be a Kid Again Day – Channel your inner child on this special national day.
- National Fortune Cookie Day – Try the easy no-sew fortune cookie craft in this post to celebrate National Fortune Cookie Day!
More July 28 national days
Did you enjoy learning about National Milk Chocolate Day? Well you’re in luck, July 28 is host to more than just one national day!
Here is a complete list of all the July 28 national days:
- National Milk Chocolate Day
- Buffalo Soldiers Day
- National Water Park Day
- World Hepatitis Day
- World Nature Conservation Day
Chocolate recipes to celebrate National Milk Chocolate Day
If you love milk chocolate as much as we do, check out the following chocolate recipes. There’s no better way to celebrate National Milk Chocolate Day than making a chocolate recipe!
In addition compiling delicious milk chocolate recipes in the list below, we’ve also sprinkled in a few dark chocolate and white chocolate recipes as well!
Pin this post on National Milk Chocolate Day for later
Would you like a reminder of this post for National Milk Chocolate Day? Just pin this image to one of your recipe boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
About the author
Since graduating from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Jess has been living and working in Los Angeles, CA. She is a freelance writer, specializing in content related to fashion, food and drink and film industry topics. Find out more about Jess here.