National days are fun to celebrate, no matter the reason. But when you mention some of your favorite foods and refreshing drinks, everyone starts to get excited.
Unsure about what national days are? Check out my national days guide for more information.
If you are love food like I do, you are probably aware just how many days of the year are devoted to entertaining with a favorite food.
You will likely find that you are scouring the internet to find out which foods have holidays devoted to them.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
What are national food days?
Do you like those diet cookbooks where there isn’t anything to decide, but the author tells you what to eat on each day during the month? National food days are somewhat like this.
Food days are a way of letting you that you that should cook a special food that day based on what the national day of the month is.
Check out the national day list for March and look through the list. See how many of them are devoted to food? I’m going to make it even easier for you.
Just browse this list below. Every day is associated with food or drink in some way. With this list you can’t go wrong with your party planning.
March monthly food observances
March is the beginning of spring for many of us, and this gives us a chance to use some of the foods that are those that can be eaten outdoors.
It is not just days of the month that are associated with food. Sometimes the whole month is known for a certain type of food. For March we observe these foods all month long:
- National Frozen Food Month
- National Fresh Celery Month
- National Noodle Month
- National Flour Month
- National Sauce Month
- National Peanut Month
- National Nutrition Month
- Quinoa Month
List of food national days in March
Even though St. Patrick’s day and spring are on our minds in March, the month is also filled with some other foods for us to celebrate.
Here is a list of all the March food holidays to look forward to. Most are labeled national days (or international days) and others are just labeled by the food itself.
I have also given you lots of ideas for recipes and other ways to celebrate these foodie national days. Have fun!
March food days
In the list of the national food days in March below, you will find great ways to honor the day.
On some of the days, there are recipes to help you celebrate, and on other days, there are links to products on Amazon that will help you get the most out of the national day.
(I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links but there is no extra cost to you.)
- National Fruit Compote Day – Learn how to make a berry fruit compote in a pressure cooker.
- National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day – Find out about peanut butter and get some delicious recipes.
- National Banana Cream Pie Day – Learn how to make a banana cream pie in this video.
- Canadian Bacon Day – Find out how this bacon is different from normal bacon and get some tasty recipes.
- National Cold Cuts Day – Use some of your cold cuts on a fabulous antipasto platter (and get some great tips for making one.)
- National Mulled Wine Day – Make your next batch of mulled wine in a slow cooker.
- National Moscow Mule Day – Learn how to make the perfect Moscow Mule.
- National Soup it Forward Day – This creamy chicken pot pie soup is the perfect one to share with a friend today.
- 33 Flavors Day – Find out about 33 of the most healing superfoods in the Master Plant Cookbook.
- National Pound Cake Day – Cheat a little by making it semi homemade with this Almond Pound Cake Mix.
- National Snack Day – Make a leprechaun snack mix for St. Patrick’s Day
- National Absinthe Day – serve your next drink of absinthe with a unique absinthe spoon.
- National Cheese Doodle Day – For something different, try these stuffed cheese doodle meatballs.
- National Frozen Food Day – Get a list of the best frozen foods in America.
- National Oreo Cookie Day – Give your Oreo cookies a make over in these Oreo dessert recipes.
- National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day – Make a white chocolate cheese cake with a raspberry swirl for dinner tonight.
- National Cereal Day – Learn how to make your own Keto and Paleo low carb granola cereal.
- National Crown of Roast Pork Day – This video shows how to make the perfect crown of Roast Pork.
- National Peanut Cluster Day – Find out how to make this unique combination of salty and sweet at home.
- National Crab meat Day – These crab meat appetizers are the perfect party starter.
- National Meatball Day – Enjoy these Asian spiced meatballs to celebrate the day.
- National Ranch Dressing Day – Following Whole30? This Whole30 ranch dressing is also Paleo and gluten free.
- National Pack Your Lunch Day – Make your lunch a special treat with this insulated flowered lunch box.
- National Oatmeal Nut Waffles Day – Make your homemade waffles in a new waffle maker.
- National Johnny Appleseed Day – Learn the history of Johnny Appleseed and get some tasty apple recipes to celebrate.
- National Eat Your Noodles Day – Find out how to cook lasagna noodles so they don’t stick together.
- National Baked Scallops Day – What could be easier than these sheet pan scallops with garlic and chili pepper flakes.
- National Milky Way Day – Use your candy bars to make these Milky Way brownies at home.
- Popcorn Lovers Day (second Thursday of March) – Take the fat out of your popcorn by using an Air Popper to pop the kernels.
- National Coconut Torte Day – Treat your family to this Almond Joy coconut torte.
- National Chicken Noodle Soup Day – Use rotisserie chicken to make this tasty chicken noodle soup recipe.
- National Potato Chip Day – Use this handy kitchen gadget to make homemade potato chips in the microwave.
- National Pears Helene Day – Watch this video to find out how to make Pears Helene with a chocolate sauce.
- National Peanut Lovers Day – Love peanuts? Learn how to make peanut brittle in your microwave.
More national food days in March
We are halfway through the month and look at all the national food holidays we have covered already! There is so much more to come, too! Perhaps National Popcorn Lovers Day or National Milky Way Day or another of these national days in the next two weeks will be right up your alley.
- National Artichoke Hearts Day – Find out about this versatile vegetable and get some great recipes.
- National Corned Beef and Cabbage Day – Find out about the history of corned beef and cabbage.
- St. Patrick’s Day – Discover lots of different ways to celebrate this traditional green day.
- National Irish Food Day – Are you traveling overseas? Get a list of the 10 foods to try in Ireland.
- National Lacy Oatmeal Cookie Day – These easy lacy oatmeal cookies will be ready in less than 20 minutes.
- National Sloppy Joe Day – Find out why they are called Sloppy Joes.
- National Chocolate Caramel Day – Try some sea salt chocolate caramel turtle candy.
- National Poultry Day – Get dozens of poultry recipes here.
- Oranges and Lemons Day (3rd Thursday) – Make yourself a dried snack with a food dehydrator.
- National Bock Beer Day – Drink some Bock Beer in some Retro Bock Beer Glasses.
- National Ravioli Day – Try this lemon ricotta with sage brown butter recipe.
- Great American Meat out Day (First Day of Spring) – Celebrate the day with these vegan recipes.
- Maple Syrup Saturday (3rd Saturday) – Get the taste of the real stuff with some delicious Vermont Maple syrup.
- National Corn Dog Day (3rd Saturday) – Go home style with this corn dog maker.
- National California Strawberry Day – Find out all about California strawberry farming.
- National French Bread Day – Learn how to make a French Bread Pizza to honor this day.
Just a week left. Which day will you celebrate?From potato chips to popcorn and chip and dip day, March is the month for snacking national Days. 🥜🍭🥨 Click To Tweet
- National Bavarian Crepes Day – Watch them make Bavarian crepes at the Bavarian Village at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland London
- World Water Day – Find out the top 16 reasons why water is important to your health.
- National Chip and Dip Day – Not one, not two but FIFTY dip recipes to help you honor the day.
- National Melba Toast Day – Try one of your favorite spreads or toppings on some gluten free Melba Toast.
- National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day – Time to tempt your sweet tooth with some chocolate covered raisins.
- National Cocktail Day – Learn about the history of cocktails and get some new drink recipes to try.
- National Lobster Newburg Day – Indulge in the decadent flavor of rich Lobster Newburg with a crumb topping.
- International Waffle Day – Find out ways to celebrate the day and get some new waffle recipes for breakfast.
- National Nougat Day – Find out how to make homemade nougat with this video.
- National Spinach Day – Get your daily ration of spinach with these recipes and find out why it’s called a superfood.
- National Spanish Paella Day – Get a taste of Spain with this authentic Spanish Paella.
- National Black Forest Cake Day – Enjoy a rich dessert today by trying some delicious Black Forest Cake.
- National Something on a Stick Day – Today’s something on a stick is this Nutella Frozen Banana Treats recipe.
- Eat an Eskimo Pie Day – Don’t buy them retail. Make your own Eskimo Pies at home.
- National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day – Feeling hungry? Make this lemon chiffon cake with strawberries.
- National Turkey Neck Soup Day – Get the ultimate budget recipe – turkey neck soup.
- National Clams on the Half Shell Day – Try New England stuffed clams on the half shell.
- National Oysters on the Half Shell Day – Get some easy sauces to go along with your oysters on the half shell.
- National Tater Day – Get 25 potato recipes to celebrate the day.
More national food lists
Each month has its own list of foodie national days. Here are some other national day food lists.
- January food holidays
- February food celebrations
- March food holidays – this page!
- List of food days in April
- May national food holidays.
- List of food days in June
- What are the food days in July?
- August national food days
- National food days for September
More to come later!
Do you like to do puzzles? Print out my word search printable for March here. It features some of the national days this month, hidden in a word find puzzle.
Monthly national day lists
It is not just food that is celebrated as a national day. Pets, activities, interesting occasions and so much more makes its way to a national day list.
There are over 2000 national days in the year and each month has about 150 -200 special days to celebrate. Get all the monthly lists here:
- National days of January
- National days in February
- March national days
- List of national days in April
- List of national days in May
- National days of June
- National days of July
- National days in August
- National days in September
- List of national days in October
- November national days
- National days of December
Looking for more inspiration? Be sure to check out my Pinterest National Days Board. It has loads of ideas for all national food days of the year.
Pin the food national days in March for later
Would you like a reminder of these March national food days ideas? Pin this image to one of your food boards on Pinterest.