This list of August National Food Days gives us so many recipes to share. From Homemade Pie Day to Eat Outside Day, every day of the month has at least one food or drink associated with it. This makes the month full of days to celebrate.
National days are so much fun to celebrate, no matter the reason. But when you add in some of your favorite foods and drinks, everyone gets excited. Unsure about what National Days are? Check out my National Days Guide for more information.
If you are a foodie, you know just how many days of the year are devoted to honoring a favorite food. You may often find that you are doing searches on the internet to find out just what food or drink today will celebrate.
National Days are a great way to tie food and celebrations together. Nothing quite says that we are nearing the end of the summer like a pitcher of citrus tasting drink for National Kool Aid Day, does it?
Always the Holidays is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
What are National Food Days?
Do you like those diet cookbooks where there isn’t anything to decide, but the author tells you what to eat on each day of the month? National Food Days are a bit like this.
Food Days are my website’s way of helping you decide what you could cook or drink that day based on what the national day of the month it is.
Check out the National Day Calendar for August and look through the list. See how many of them are devoted to food? I’m going to make it even easier for you.
Just browse this list below. Every day is associated with food or drink in some way. With this list you can’t go wrong with your party planning.
August food monthly observances
August is right at the end of summer vacation for many of us, so it makes sense that the foods honored this month are geared for the outdoors.
It is not just individual days of the month that are associated with food. Sometimes the whole month is known for a certain type of food. For August we observe these foods:
- National Brownies at Brunch Month – it’s not just a dessert!
- National Catfish Month – This delicious fish is a Southern Staple
- National Goat Cheese Month – Elevate your dish with this tart and earthy cheese.
- National Panini Month – Nothing takes lunchtime to the next level like a grilled panini.
- National Sandwich Month – Everyone’s favorite lunch time treat gets its own month.
List of August National Food Days
Even though summer vacation is so much on our mind in August, the month is also filled with some decadent foods, as well.
Here is a list of all the August Food Holidays to look forward to. Most are labeled national days (or international days) and others are just labeled by the food itself.
As well as letting you know which national day to celebrate, this list also gives you lots of ideas for recipes and other ways to celebrate these Foodie National Days. Have fun!
August Food Day Calendar
Below is a list of the National Food Days in August . Use the list to find recipes or to discover more about the history of these national days.
- National Raspberry Cream Pie Day – Find out how to make a raspberry cream pie filling from scratch.
- Homemade Pie Day – A butterscotch pie with a torched meringue topping? Yes, please!!
- National Ice Cream Sandwich Day – Homemade almond cookies and vanilla ice cream come together in this summer ice cream sandwich recipe.
- National Watermelon Day – Get some fun watermelon facts and trivia about growing watermelons.
- National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day – Take it up a notch with these orange dark chocolate chip cookies with macadamia nuts.
- National Oyster Day – You may love them or hate them, but today is the day for celebrating oysters. Learn about the many ways to eat oysters, and answer the most frequently asked questions about them!
- National Green Pepper Day – Grab some peppers and spice it up. It’s Mexican style stuffed pepper time!
- National Root Beer Float Day – Use Stewart’s Root Beer to make your next float.
- National IPA Day (first Thursday in August) – Find out the history of IPA beer here.
- National Raspberries N’ Cream Day – Watch the video to make a raspberry and cream pie from scratch.
- International Beer Day (First Friday in August) – Check out how to brew beer at home.
- National Zucchini Day – Discover 25 delicious ways to use zucchini and summer squash.
- National Frozen Custard Day – Which is healthier, frozen custard or vanilla ice cream?
- National Jamaican Patty Day (First Saturday in August) – Learn how to make Jamaican beef patties from scratch.
- National Mustard Day (First Saturday in August) – What better way to celebrate the day than with this honey mustard pecan stuffed chicken breast recipe?
- National Rice Pudding Day – Discover which rice is best for the creamiest rice pudding.
- National S’mores Day – Instead of the campfire version, try these indoor s’mores.
- National Raspberry Bombe Day (also known as National Raspberry Tart Day) – Try a traditional British raspberry bombe recipe to celebrate.
- National Panini Day – Take lunch up a notch with this chicken cheese panini sandwich recipe.
- National Julienne Fries Day – Learn how to julienne a potato to make these fries.
- National Filet Mignon Day – Learn why filet mignon is so expensive to buy.
- National Creamsicle Day – This orange cream martini is like a creamsicle in a glass.
- National Kool Aid Day (Second Friday in August) – Find out about the history of Kool Aid.
- National Lemon Meringue Pie Day – Learn how to prevent a lemon meringue pie from weeping.
- Julia Child’s Birthday – Discover more about the life of Julia Child.
We are halfway through the month and look at all the national food holidays we have covered already! There is so much more to come, too! Perhaps one of these national days in the next two weeks will be right up your alley.
- National Rum Day – Caribbean Coconut Rum and Pineapple combine to make this delicious drink a hit with any of your summer guests.
- National Bratwurst Day – Learn the differences between bratwurst and sausages.
- National Vanilla Custard Day – Find out – is vanilla custard the same thing as vanilla pudding?
- National Ice Cream Pie Day – Watch this video to learn how to make the easiest ice cream pie.
- National Fajita Day – These oven baked chicken fajitas fit into a Whole30 or Paleo Diet and are Gluten Free, to boot.
- National Soft Ice Cream Day – Make homemade soft ice cream without a machine.
- National Hot and Spicy Food Day – Like some heat in your recipe? These chicken enchiladas have a spicy sour cream taco sauce. YUM!
- National Potato Day – Ditch that cold potato salad and swap it out for a warm German Potato Salad. It is a hit at summer BBQs!
- Cupcake Day – Get ready for Thanksgiving with these Turkey Cupcakes made with Candy Corn.
- ‘Black Cow’ Root Beer Float Day – Find out why a root beer float is called a Black Cow.
- National Bacon Lover’s Day – Get 20 of the best bacon recipes out there.
- National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day – it’s cookie time. These chocolate drizzled pecan pie cookies give the flavor or the pie without all the calories.
- National Spumoni Day – Make your own spumoni ice cream terrine at home.
Just a week left. Which day will you celebrate?
- National Eat a Peach Day – Grab that peach to make an amazing strawberry peach salsa and serve it with pork for an amazing meal.
- National Pecan Torte Day – Check out this amazing pecan torte with butterscotch topping to celebrate the day in style.
- National Sponge Cake Day – Find out 9 tips to making your sponge cake spongy.
- Buttered Corn Day – Find out how to shuck corn without the silk ending up in your buttery delight.
- National Peach Pie Day – Do you have to peel the peaches first? Find out!
- National Waffle Day – Serve up a summery breakfast with these strawberry Belgian waffles.
- National Banana Split Day – Get 44 banana split recipes to tempt your summer sweet tooth.
- National Whiskey Sour Day – Find out the best whiskeys for Whiskey Sours.
- National Cherry Popsicle Day – This easy cherry Popsicle recipe makes a cool and refreshing summer treat.
- National Pots De Creme Day – Learn how to make pots de creme in the blender.
- National Cherry Turnovers Day – Puff pastry makes these cherry turnovers flaky and crispy.
- Red Wine Day – Grab the grill and a bottle of red wine. It’s time to make some grilled London Broil with a spicy rub and red wine marinade.
- National Chop Suey Day – What is the difference between chop suey and chow mein?
- National Lemon Juice Day – Use your fresh lemons to make homemade lemonade in just minutes.
- More Herbs, Less Salt Day – Add tons of flavor to your recipes with fresh herbs. Find out all about growing fresh herbs here.
- International Bacon Day (Saturday before Labor Day) – Use that bacon to make a crustless bacon quiche with broccoli and cheddar cheese for breakfast today.
- National Toasted Marshmallow Day – Make toasted marshmallow shots for your next camping party.
- National Trail Mix Day – Dig into a harvest blessing mix to find out what to be grateful for this year.
- Eat Outside Day – The best way to do this is to have a picnic.
It is not just food that has a national day celebrated with it during August. All sorts of topics get made into National days. Be sure to have a look at all of the National Days in August, and get a free printable August National Day Calendar here.
Looking for More Inspiration? Be sure to check out my Pinterest National Days Board. It has loads of ideas for all national food days of the year.
Pin the food days in August for later
Would you like a reminder of the Food Days in August? Pin this image to one of your food boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
More National Food Days
For other lists of National Food Days, check out these posts:
- List of January Food Days
- February Food Celebrations
- March Food Holidays
- List of Food Days in April
- May National Food Holidays.
- List of Food Days in June
- Calendar of Food Days in July
- List of National Food Days in August – This page!
- National Food Days for September