This list of food holidays in June gives us so many recipes to share. From iced tea to chocolate ice cream every day of the month has at least one food or drink associated with it which makes it easy to celebrate.
National days are fun to celebrate, no matter the reason. But add in some mention of foods and everyone gets excited.
Unsure about what national days are? Check out my national days guide for more information.
Keep reading to learn more about the June food days to celebrate.
If you are a foodie, you are probably aware just how many days of the year are devoted to celebrating a favorite food. You will probably find that you are scouring the internet to find out what food today will celebrate.
National days are a great way to tie food and celebrations together. Nothing quite says summer quite like a glass of iced tea for National Iced Tea Month, does it?
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
June food monthly observances
June is the first month of summer in the northern hemisphere and for many of us that means food that is geared to the great outdoors.
It is not just days of the month that are associated with food. Sometimes the whole month is known for a certain type of food. For June we observe these foods:
- National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month – Growing vegetables and eating them is one of the pleasures of summer.
- National Candy Month – It’s time to tempt your Sweet Tooth!
- National Iced Tea Month – What is better on a hot summer day?
- National Papaya Month – This exotic fruit makes a great summer treat.
- National Soul Food Month – Tasty food that is steeped in tradition.
- National Turkey Lover’s Month – Even though Thanksgiving is a long way away, we still love turkey in summer!
- National Dairy Month – Dairy products are great for us year round!
What are national food holidays?
Do you like those diet cookbooks where there isn’t anything to decide, but the author tells you what to eat on each day of the month? National food days are a bit like this.
Food days are the internet’s way of telling you what you could cook that day based on what the national day of the month it is.
Check out the national day list for June and look through the list. See how many of them are devoted to food? I’m going to make it even easier for you.
Share the June food days on Twitter
If you enjoyed reading about the food holidays in June, be sure to share them with a friend. Here is a tweet to get you started:June is National Soul Food Month. Let's enjoy some Southern Food steeped in tradition!! #nationalsoulfoodmonth #NationalDays🍓🍓 Click To Tweet
Check out the food day list below. Every day of the month is associated with food or drink in some way. With this list you can’t go wrong with your party planning.
List of food holidays in June
Even though barbecues and outdoor entertaining is on our mind in June, the month is also filled with some indoor entertaining foods, as well.
Here is a list of all the June food days to look forward to. Most are labeled national days (or international days) and others are just labeled by the food itself.
On some of the days, there are to recipes to help you celebrate, and on other days, there are links to products on Amazon that will help you get the most out of the national day with some products.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
Let’s start with the first few weeks in June. From olives to eggs and chocolate ice cream, there is a food for everyone’s taste buds.
- National Olive Day – Try this curried egg salad with olives for a tangy lunch time treat.
- National Hazelnut Cake Day – This Hungarian Hazelnut Cake is made without any flour!
- National Rotisserie Chicken Day – Find out all about this national food day and get some tasty recipes.
- National Rock Road Day – Rocky Road Fudge will tempt your sweet tooth and give you the perfect treat to celebrate.
- National Chocolate Macaroons Day – These chocolate cherry macaroons are perfect for those watching their weight. Only 4 WW points each!
- National Egg Day – This yummy quiche recipe is made without a crust and uses only egg whites. Filling and so healthy!
- National Cheese Day – Looking for the perfect BBQ side dish? Try these cheesy scalloped potatoes. Your party guests will love them.
- National Cognac Day – These cognac glasses are the perfect way to serve this alcoholic drink.
- National Veggie Burger Day – Black beans and sweet potatoes combine to make this super tasty veggie burger.
- National Catsup (Ketchup) Day – 78 Red Ketchup is an all natural version with no high fructose corn syrup. This 2 pack has a spicy ketchup to try as well as the regular type.
- National Gingerbread Day (Also November 21) – Gingerbread is not just for holiday baking. See some ideas for using it in the summer, too.
- Sausage Roll Day – Find out about the history of this popular English treat.
- National Applesauce Cake Day – Find out what happens when you add applesauce to a cake mix.
- National Chocolate Ice Cream Day – This homemade double chocolate ice cream is both vegan and gluten free.
- Jelly Filled Doughnut Day – Fill your homemade doughnuts easily with a jelly injector.
- National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day – This yummy pie is the perfect summer BBQ dessert.
- National Egg Roll Day – With this egg roll machine, you’ll master the art of making them easily.
- National Black Cow Day – 11 regional twists on the root beer float.
- National Herbs and Spices Day – Don’t know how to identify herbs? This handy herb identification chart is a good place to start.
- National Iced Tea Day – This refreshing Earl Gray Iced Tea Punch is perfect for the dog days of summer.
- National Corn on the Cob Day – Find out how to get silk-free corn on the cob every time!
- National German Chocolate Cake Day – You may be surprised to learn that this chocolate and coconut baked treat is not so German, after all.
- National Jerky Day – Celebrate the day with a 10 variety pack of Jerky.
- National Peanut Butter Cookie Day – This super easy no bake peanut butter cookie recipe comes together in a flash.
- International Falafel Day – Falafel are a mainstay of the Mediterranean region. Find out what is in them.
- Cupcake Lover’s Day – Get creative with your cupcakes with these silicone cupcake liners in fun shapes.
- National Bourbon Day – Discover the difference between bourbon, whiskey and scotch.
- National Strawberry Shortcake Day – This strawberry shortcake recipe is a summer time favorite in my family.
- National Lobster Day – Do you know the best time of the year to eat a Maine lobster?
National food holidays of June that change each year
Some food days don’t have an exact date associated with them. Instead, they are celebrated on specific days of the week in that month. Here are the food holidays in June with changeable dates each year.
- Doughnut Day – (1st Friday) – Make your own doughnuts at home with these pans. (Great for homemade bagels too!)
- National Rosé Day – (2nd Saturday) – Watch this video to learn how to make a rosé style wine .
- Frozen Yogurt Day – (1st. Sunday) – These patriotic frozen yogurt popsicles will beat the heat and are also perfect for the 4th of July next month!
- World Gin Day – (2nd Saturday) – Bone up for Gin Day with these 10 things you didn’t know about gin.
- National Turkey Lovers’ Day – (3rd Sunday) – Get the perfect turkey with a 22 quart roaster oven.
- National Food Truck Day – (last Friday) – From Chuck wagons to push carts, learn about the history of food trucks.
- Bartender and Mixologist Day – (Last Saturday) – A great bartender kit will make sure that all your cocktail party needs go off smoothly.
- Great American Picnic Day – (Last Saturday) – What says summer more than an American picnic? Fill up your picnic basket and head to the great outdoors.\
More national food days in June
We are halfway through the month of June and look at all the national food holidays we have covered already! There is so much more to come, too!
Perhaps one of these national days in the next two weeks will be right up your alley. Will your favorite be National Veggies Day or do you lean more to chocolate pudding day?
- Fresh Veggies Day – You don’t need a large garden to grow veggies. Find out how to grow a vegetable garden on a deck.
- National Fudge Day – Get my tips for making the perfect fudge every time.
- National Vinegar Day – Vinegar is a commonly used kitchen and household item. It’s not just for cooking either. These 50 ways to use vinegar may surprise you.
- National Apple Strudel Day – Get a bit of history on this tasty Austrian yummy baked sweet treat.
- National Eat Your Vegetables Day – Find out the best vegetables to grow for beginning gardeners.
- National Stewart’s Root Beer Day – Grab a 12 pack of the fasted growing micro root beer in the US. It’s perfect for summer time root beer floats.
- National Cherry Tart Day (Date disputed – also celebrated on June 18 and 21) – The date for this national food holiday may be disputed but the flavor is not. Get a recipe here.
- National Cheese Makers Day – Watch a video that shows how to make cheese at home in just 10 minutes.
- National Martini Day – Find out about the different types of martinis and how to garnish them.
- Eat an Oreo Day – America’s favorite cookie just went rogue in these 25 Oreo dessert recipes.
- National Ice Cream Soda Day – Check out the difference between ice cream sodas and floats.
- National Vanilla Milkshake Day – Get some tips for making the perfect milkshake.
- Plain Yogurt Day – Skip the store and make your own yogurt at home with this yogurt maker.
- National Peaches ‘N’ Cream Day – Get 40 recipes that feature peaches.
The last week of food holidays in June
There is just a week left in June. Which food holiday will you celebrate this week?
- National Chocolate Eclair Day – Get some history about chocolate eclairs.
- National Onion Rings Day – Display your onion rings on a spindle instead of in a basket for a fun table display.
- National Pecan Sandies Day – Is the pecan sandy the same as a Mexican wedding cookie? Find out here.
- National Pralines Day – Pralines in the US date back to the early 1700’s. Find out more about them here.
- National Catfish Day – Get some facts about catfish.
- National Strawberry Parfait Day – Parfaits are traditional served in a tall glass. Eat them in style with these parfait spoons.
- National Coconut Day – Find out about national coconut day and get some tips for storing fresh coconut.
- National Chocolate Pudding Day – These chocolate pudding cups can be decorated for Halloween or other times of the year. The top looks like the dirt in a garden!
- Tropical Cocktails Day – This Patron tropical cocktail is big on sweetness and long on summertime taste.
- National Onion Day – Find out about the varieties of onions and how to use them in recipes.
- National Orange Blossom Day – Relax with a glass of orange blossom tea.
- National Ice Cream Cake Day – This homemade ice cream cake is better than a store bought one.
- National Tapioca Day – These Brazilian treats are called Pão de Queijo. They are gluten free and use cassova flour, also known as tapioca starch.
- National Almond Butter crunch Day – Indulge in some decadent almond butter crunch to celebrate the day.
- National Waffle Iron Day – We celebrated International Waffle Day on March 25. Now it is time to get out your waffle iron for another round of waffles.
- National Mai Tai Day – You can make this tropical cocktail at home in minutes with a handy Mai Tai Mixer.
It is not just food that has a national day celebrated with it during June. All sorts of topics get made into national days. Check out my list of national days of June for more information on the national days for each day of the month.
IF you enjoy doing puzzles, we also have a fun printable puzzle for June. It has many of the national days of the month hidden in it.
More national food days
For other lists of national food days, check out these posts:
- List of January food days
- February food days
- List of food days in March
- National food days for April
- National food days in May
- National food holidays in June (this page)
- List of food days in July
- August national food days
- national food days for September
- October food holidays
- December food holidays to celebrate
Be sure to check back soon for more food lists for the November food day list.
Pin the food holidays in June for later
Would you like a reminder of the food days in June? Pin this image to one of your food boards on Pinterest.
Admin note: this post for the June food holidays first appeared on the blog in April of 2019. I have updated the post to add all new photos, a meal planner and a video for you to enjoy.
June Food Holidays Menu Planner Printable
Print out this planner to accompany the June food holidays, and fill in with your favorite national food days for the month. It's a great way to keep track and plan your meals for the whole month of June.
- Heavy cardstock or printer paper
- Computer printer
- Load your heavy card stock or glossy photo paper into your Deskjet printer.
- Choose portrait layout and if possible "fit to page" in your settings.
- Print out and use the to do list to plan your menus for the month.