This recipe for vegan peanut butter fudge is easy to do and makes delicious fudge very quickly. It has a lovely melt in your mouth texture that anyone will love.
It is perfect for your holiday celebrations. Both vegans and non-vegans will love it!
In addition to this being a great Christmas treat, it’s also a good recipe to make for November 20 which is National Peanut Butter Fudge Day.
Peanut butter is an American favorite. Did you know that January 24 is National Peanut butter Day and March 1 is National Peanut Butter lover’s Day? This gives us two more days to celebrate our love of peanut butter.
Fudge is one of the most popular forms of homemade candy, especially around holiday time. There is even a national candy day in November and National peanut butter Fudge Day is also November 20!
Many sweet treats can not be made easily for vegan diets because vegans do not eat butter. This recipe uses Earth Balance Buttery stick margarine in place of the butter.
Be sure to check the label on your peanut butter jar. Most are vegan but a few are not. I used Jif low fat peanut butter to save some calories and it worked out just fine.
Making vegan peanut butter fudge
The recipe uses just four ingredients:
- Peanut butter
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Earth Balance Buttery stick margarine
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
This recipe is very good. It is not super sweet, so it would appeal to someone who does not like fudge that is very sweet. My husband is not vegetarian and does not normally like fudge but he loves this recipe.
There are some lovely book containers at stores like Michael’s craft store. I used this container for the fudge.
Lined with fancy Christmas tissue paper, this container makes a great gift box to place the fudge in to give as a gift to your vegan friend or family member. My daughter is vegan and she will love this!
Also be sure to check out my printable calendar for the National Days in November. It’s a big help when you plan for the month.
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread (I used the sticks)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups and 2 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- Line a 9×9 inch baking dish with aluminum, extending the foil up the sides of the dish.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the Earth Balance margarine. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the peanut butter until the mixture is very smooth.
- Stir in the confectioners’ sugar, a little at a time, until it is well-blended. You will need to be quick. This fudge sets very quickly.I used my hands to make a big ball of it and then folded in the chopped walnuts.
- Pat the fudge mixture into the foil lined pan and chill until firm.
- When firmly set, remove from the pan with the foil "Handles." Carefully peel of the foil and cut into squares.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.