Happy Valentine’s Day! Today’s featured sweet treat are these sweetheart cookies from a friend of mine named Regina who used to blog at Molly Mell.
Regina has a fondness for Brazilian confectionery and often submits recipes for me to consider as featured posts on my websites.
These cookies are the perfect way to celebrate with your gal pals on Galentine’s Day, too.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
Treat your love one to these sweetheart cookies for Valentine’s Day
The recipe is a basic sugar cookie but the delightful filling in the center comes from sweetened condensed milk.
The sweetened condensed milk becomes a caramel filling after cooking it in a crock pot for 8 hours. Great trick Regina!
What a luscious looking center these cookies have. Rich and creamy…they are the perfect treat to serve after your special Valentine’s day party.
Need a last minute idea? See these Valentine Cupcake Decoration ideas.
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 spoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- Ingredient for the Filling:
- 14 oz of cooked condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until the mixture is creamy.
- Gradually stir in the flour and beat the mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until it is smooth.
- Roll the dough to 1/4" thick. Form the cookies using a 2" round cookie cutter and place them onto baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until barely brown on the bottom. Cool on wire racks.
- To make the doce de leite caramel Filling: Place an un-opened can of sweetened condensed milk in a crock-pot completely submerged in water, and set it to cook for 8 hours with the lid on. Make sure you open the condensed milk can only when it is completely cooled off.
- To assemble the cookies, spread half the cookies with the doce de leite filling and sandwich together with remaining cookies, roll out the their edges in sugar.
Recipe submitted by Regina of Molly Mel website: http://mollymell.blogspot.com
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.