These adorable peanut butter and jelly ghost sandwiches will make breakfast a spooky time this Halloween.
When it’s time for Halloween to roll around, it’s hard to get kids to sit still for any meal. Turn the season to your advantage with this cute Halloween recipe.
Transform an ordinary sandwich into a Halloween work of art that your child will love to eat.
All you need to make this PB & J sandwich are a few supplies that we all have on hand.
Your child will love this peanut butter and jelly ghost sandwich!
Gather your ingredients:
- two slices of bread (white bread makes a whiter ghost, but I like to use whole wheat for its healthy aspects and have the ghost shape be the attraction for the child)
- peanut butter
- your favorite flavor of jelly
- 3 raisins
- ghost shape cookie cutter.
If you don’t have a ghost cookie cutter, use a pair of scissors and this ghost shape template. (you can cut a shape free hand if you have a steady hand.)
Just make your sandwich, use a pair of scissors to cut off the crusts and decorate the face with raisins for eyes and a nose. So cute!
Did you know that March 1 is National Peanut Butter lover’s Day? Find out more about this national day.
- Bread - 2 slices
- 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of strawberry jelly
- 3 raisins
- Use cookie cutters to make ghost shapes, or cut the bread using this template.
- Spread the bottom piece of bread with a layer of peanut butter.
- Add the jelly and place the remaining bread on top.
- Attach the raisins to make a ghost face by adding a bit of peanut butter to the top.
- Serve with a glass of milk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 595Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 137gFiber: 7gSugar: 83gProtein: 11g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.