Halloween is that one time of the year when purple and orange seem to be a perfect match. How fun is that? What a delight these peanut butter eyeballs would be at your next Halloween party.
Now, if you read my blogs regularly, you will know that I have a fondness for peanut butter. As in, it’s a food group. “nuff said! So eyeballs made of peanut butter? Perfect choice for me. No need to see what else is in there. It’s gotta be good!
My favorite part of the treats are the piped jester styled feet. The treats are colorful and will delight both the young and the young at heart.
If you wanted to take a shortcut and not make your own chocolate cupcake liners, you could use colorful silicone cupcake liners and fill them with regular cupcake mix and just make the eyeballs and feet.
Either way, they will be the perfect dessert touch for your Halloween party table.
Now the question is? Who will take the first bite?
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
This recipe has been shared from Parents Connect which has now closed.
- ¼ cup butter, completely softened
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cups toasted rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 12 ounces of white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Food coloring (two colors)
- Combine the butter, powdered sugar and peanut butter in the bowl and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add in the toasted rice cereal. Form into ½-ounce balls and refrigerate until firm (about one hour).
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt, adding vegetable oil mid way through the process. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the balls into the melted white chocolate mix. Make sure they are well coated. Remove and set on a waxed paper lined sheet pan. Chill to set up about 30 minutes.
- Separate the remaining white chocolate into two bowls. Add one to two drops of food coloring to each to tint each bowl a different color. Reheat if necessary.
- Use a small spoon to place a dollop of the colored chocolate on the eyeball. Use a smaller drop of the contrasting color in the center.
- Line aluminum cupcake liners with the colored chocolate. Place in fridge to set. Remove the aluminum carefully to leave colored cupcake shapes.
- Place balls in individual mini muffin papers.
- Use a large icing tip and form feet under the cupcake liners with the colored chocolate.
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.