These Oreo mummy pops are a spooky snack on a stick. They are super easy to make and perfect for a Halloween party or for handing out to trick or treaters. Since October 28 is National Chocolate Day, these fun cookie pops are the perfect way to celebrate, white chocolate style!
Halloween is just about here, but there is still time for one last minute snack idea. I love making cake pops but they can take a lot of time to put together. These mummy cookie pops look very similar but are ready in just minutes.
Making these Oreo Mummy Pops.
This post contains affiliate links for your cooking convenience.
If you are pressed for time but need a fun Halloween cookie idea at the last minute, try making these Oreo mummy pops. All you need are some Oreo cookies, candy eyeballs, cake pop sticks and some white chocolate melts.
I found that the quickest way to make these Halloween cookies was to use two cookies for each mummy pop. If you try to use one, the cookie will break when you try to put them back together after adding the stick. You COULD add some extra melted chocolate in the center over the cake pop stick, but that takes extra time. I just saved the un-frosted cookie halves for later. They’ll make a great chocolate base for one of my cheesecake recipes!
Just separate two cookies, add a cake pop stick to one and put the frosted part of the second one on top. It also makes for a thicker cookie pop when done!
Once I had my assembled Oreo pops ready, I just stuck them in the freezer for about 20 minutes to harden. This will make dipping them easier since the stick will stay put!
Place the candy melts in an oven proof container and melt on half power for 30 second intervals. Dip the entire cookie pop into the melted chocolate.
I found it easiest to work in groups of about 3, adding the eyes before moving on to the next batch. White chocolate hardens quickly. When you have all the cookie pops covered with chocolate and having eyes, place the rest of the melted white chocolate into an icing bag and drizzle over the cookie pops to make them look like mummies.
Don’t worry about being neat – mummies look disheveled by nature! Aren’t they adorable?TIP: Don’t use a wire rack. Just place the finished pops on parchment paper. I put my finished pops on a baking rack before I added the piped chocolate. This was a mistake. My cookie pops have an indented back. LOL
These Oreo Mummy Pops make great Halloween cookies for a cookie swap.
Halloween is a great time for a cookie exchange and these adorable mummies would be the perfect Halloween cookie to take along.
I love to serve these fun cookie pops in a mason jar filled with Halloween candy and the sticks poked down into the jar. It makes a great Halloween centerpiece for your party table.
These Oreo mummy pops have a creamy outer coating and a nice crunch when you bite into the cookie. I dare you to eat just one. That decadent icing outside keeps calling my name!
Making these fun Halloween cookies is a great way to get the kids to help out in the kitchen. They can do the dipping and eye placement and you can even let them have a go at the icing shrouds. After all, mummies are messy!
These delicious Oreo Mummy Pops work out to 311 calories each. Maybe you SHOULD have just one! LOL
- 1 10 oz bag White Candy Melts
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 10 Lollipop Sticks
- 20 Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Take apart cookies. and save the halves that have the icing on them. (You can save the tops to use in another recipe.)
- Place a cake pop stick in the center of the Oreo filling and add another Oreo with filling on the top. Each mummy pop requires two Oreo Cookies.
- Place the assembled pops in the freezer for about 20 minutes to allow them to become solid again.
- Place the candy melts in an oven proof container and melt according to package instructions.
- Remove the Oreo pops from the freezer and dip the entire cookie on a stick back into the melted chocolate making sure to cover the entire cookie.
- Place candy eyeballs in the center of the cookie pops.
- Place the melted chocolate into an icing bag and pipe it onto the cookie pop to make it look like a mummy. Place in the fridge until the icing hardens. You can also use a zip lock bag with a corner cut off if you don't have icing bags.
- Store in an air tight container