Whether you are a fan of crunchy or creamy style, National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day will give you a chance to sample some of your favorite peanut butter tastes. It’s celebrated on March 1.Who doesn’t love the taste of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This creamy and nutty concoction is a favorite food around the world. Peanut butter is such a popular food item. Did you know that there are many national days (and months) that celebrate the food?
- November is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month
- Peanut Butter Day is celebrated on January 24.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly day gets recognition on April 2.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Day is honored on June 12.
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate day is celebrated on July 23.
- We celebrate Peanut Butter Fudge Day on November 20.
And if that isn’t enough, peanut day is September 13 and peanut month is every March.
Always the Holidays is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
Fun Facts about peanut butter
If you love peanut butter as much as I do, you may be interested in these fun facts!
- When it comes to texture, men love the crunchy style the best, while women and children seem to prefer a creamy peanut butter.
- The average child will eat 1500 peanut butter sandwiches before they graduate from high school. Now that’s a real peanut butter lover!
- 75% of American homes have at least one jar of peanut butter in the pantry.
- The record for the world’s largest peanut butter and jelly sandwich is 1342 pounds. It was made in Grand Saline, T.X. in 2010.
- Peanuts are not actually nuts. They are a member of the legume family.
- Over 1% of Americans are allergic to peanuts so they can’t eat peanut butter.
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make one 12 oz jar of peanut butter.
- Two peanut farmers were elected president of the USA – Virginia’s Thomas Jefferson and Georgia’s Jimmy Carter.
- One of Bill Clinton’s favorite sandwiches is peanut butter and banana.
- East coast residents eat more creamy peanut butter and those on the West coast prefer crunchy peanut butter.
- Americans eat 3 pounds of peanut butter a person each year!
- The slang term for peanut butter in World War II was monkey butter.
- The Reese’s peanut butter cup was introduced in 1928.
How to celebrate Peanut Butter Lover’s Day
With so many people loving the taste of peanut butter, it stands to reason that they’ll be looking for a way to celebrate this day. Why not try one of these ways to honor this tasty day?
- Read the book “Big Brother Peanut Butter” to your child
- Make your own home made peanut butter. It’s easier than you might think. Just place peanuts in a food processor. Let it pulse for about 5 minutes and the peanuts will turn into a liquid peanut butter. You can add sugar, or honey and salt if you like and some chopped peanuts if you like it crunchy.
- Have a game night and play The Ideal Peanut Butter and Jelly Card Game.
- Spread the word on social media using the hashtag #peanutbutterloversday.
Recipes to Share for National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day
And of course, the best way to celebrate this day is to make some peanut butter recipes. Here are a few to try.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles
These peanut butter truffles are coated in dark chocolate and decorated with candy autumn leaves. They make a fun autumn looking dessert but can be adapted for anytime of the year by switching out the sprinklesGet the Recipe
Bird's Nest Cookies - No Bake Easter Recipe
Easter is right around the corner. Combine peanut butter with chow mein noodles to make some nest cookies. Top them with robin's eggs for a fun and tasty Easter treat.Get the Recipe
Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
This vegan peanut butter fudge uses just four ingredients and is very quick and easy to make. It is lightly sweet and very peanut buttery in taste.Get the Recipe
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls with Chocolate & Coconut – 3 WW Points
These no bake peanut butter balls are a wonderful mixture of peanut butter, chocolate and coconut. Best of all, they are just 3 WW points a piece!Continue Reading
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bars
Try these peanut butter and chocolate bars for a decadent dessert idea. They are a good way to get your Reese's peanut butter cup fix!Continue Reading
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Low Carb Smoothie Recipe
Start your morning off on the right foot with this healthy peanut butter smoothie recipe. It's flavored with chocolate and a low carb way to start your day.Continue Reading
Peanut Butter Banana Belgian Waffles with Dark Chocolate
Waffles are always a fun choice for breakfast. This tasty recipe combines peanut butter and bananas in the waffle mix to give a rich and tasty breakfast option.Continue Reading
Fudge Brownies – Rich Brownie Recipe with Peanut Butter Frosting
The frosting on these brownies will tempt the most avid peanut butter lover. It is sweet and decadent and the perfect topping for the delicious brownie underneath.Continue Reading
How to Make Peanut Butter in Only 5 Minutes! - Texanerin Baking
Learn how to make your own peanut butter in minutes with just two ingredients. It's creamy and full of peanut flavor with no chemicals or preservatives.Continue Reading
Dairy-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
The hot days of summer are coming and ice cream is on the menu - peanut butter style. This recipe is Dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar free, vegan & paleo friendly!Continue Reading
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
Chocolate and peanut butter combine in these rich breakfast muffins. They are made with two batters so the inner center is rich and full of peanut butter flavor. Like a Reese's Muffin!Continue Reading
Peanut Butter Eyeballs
Imagine the squeals of delight when you serve this fun Halloween treat to your child. Rich, creamy and so peanut buttery!Get the Recipe
12+ Fabulous Peanut Butter Recipes
Still need some more inspiration for National Peanut Butter Lover's Day? Check out a dozen more tasty peanut butter recipes.Continue Reading
- Johnny Appleseed Day – March 11
- International Waffle Day – March 25
- National Chip and Dip Day – March 23
- National Girl Scout Day– March 12
Check back soon to see which new National Day we are celebrating this week.
Would you like a reminder of this post for National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day? Just pin this image to one of your cooking boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.