March 20 is National Kiss Your Fiance Day. Are you engaged? Then you probably won’t need a reason to kiss your loved one, but it’s nice that a day is set aside to honor the practice.
National Proposal Day was yesterday, so your wedding is probably forefront in your mind.
You may be spending lots of time planning your wedding right now, but don’t forget to take the time to show some love and affection to the person who matters most.
National days of the year are a fun way to celebrate odd and unusual foods, animals and items that you come into contact with. Be sure to check out my National Day’s Guide for more fun days to celebrate.
Fun Facts about Kissing
Brush up on your knowledge of kissing with these fun facts.
- Kissing helps fight tooth decay because it produces extra saliva that cleans out your mouth.
- One minute of kissing burns 26 calories. (sign me up for that diet!)
- The science of kissing is called philematology.
- Your lips are 100 times more sensitive than the tips of your fingers.
- The Guiness Book of World Records lists the longest kiss as 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds in 2013.
- Chimpanzees kiss with open mouths, but not with their tongues
How to observe National Kiss Your Fiance Day
There are lots of ways to celebrate National Kiss your Fiance Day. Here are a few ideas to help honor this day.
- Enjoy a Midnight Kiss Cocktail and then get ready to pucker up!
- Set your wedding plans to the side for one day and head out to a special spot where you can spend some time kissing.
- Use the hashtag #NationalKissYourFianceDay to spread the word about the day on social media. Here is a tweet to get you started:
More National Days This month
Be sure to also check out these other National Days this Month:
- National Earmuff Day
- National Landline Telephone Day
- National Old Stuff Day
- Quirky Country Music Song Titles Day
- Cuddly Kitten Day
- National Goof Off Day
There are close to 2000 National Days in the year and over 150 of them are celebrated in February. To see them all, have a look at this post to discover more about the National Days in March, as well as the March Printable Calendar of National Days.
Is food your thing? Each day of the month has a food or drink associated with it, too. You’ll find all the March Food Holidays here.
Pin this post for National Kiss Your Fiance Day for later
Would you like a reminder of this post for National Kiss Your Fiance Day? Just pin this image to one of your trivia boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.