Who doesn’t love the taste of cashews and chocolates. April 21 celebrates them both as National Chocolate Covered Cashews Day.
Your taste buds will delight in a combination of rich and decadent chocolate covering the outside of crunchy cashew nuts. Can you imagine a better taste?
I love celebrating the various foodie national days with some tasty recipes. It’s also fun to look back in history to see why each of these days deserve enough national attention to give the food its own national day.
April is a month full of national days devoted to all sorts of food. Check out the full list of April national food days here.
Facts about cashews and chocolate
Here are some fun facts about chocolate and cashews that you may not know.
- Did you know chocolate is a minor symbol of Valentine’s Day? Check out our Valentine’s Day symbol guide to learn more.
- The shell of the cashew is poisonous.
- Chocolate is so popular that there are many different celebrations of chocolate each year. Check out national bittersweet chocolate day here.
- The cashew tree is a member of the family Anacardiaceae. It was originally native to Brazil, but is now widely grown in tropical climates.
- White chocolate is not actually chocolate but instead is a white candy made with cocoa butter.
- Cashews are a kidney shaped seed that grows on the bottom of a cashew apple.
- 400 cocoa beans make up one pound of chocolate
- 1 ounce of raw cashews contain 157 calories.
- Cacao was one used as a currency.
- Cashews are very nutritious and the nut is packed with proteins and lots of essential minerals.
- The first chocolate bars was made in England in 1847.
- Asian cuisine is know for using cashews in their recipes.
- Nuts and chocolate seem to go together! Peanuts and chocolate combine into one taste for National Peanut Cluster Day.
For another food holiday in April, be sure to check out National Cinnamon Crescent Day.
Spread the word on social media using the hashtags #nationalchocolatecoveredcashewsday and #ChocolateCoveredCashewsDay.Treat your self to some cashews dipped in chocolate for #ChocolateCoveredCashewsDay and check out some more tasty recipes, too! Click To Tweet
How to celebrate National Chocolate Covered Cashews Day.
Check out some fun ways to celebrate this tasty national day.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
- Grab yourself a handful of chocolate covered cashews and enjoy.
- Make some cashew chocolate clusters. It is super easy to do. Just line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt some dark chocolate chips and a bit of coconut oil in the microwave and stir in some raw cashews. Drop by spoonfuls on the paper and sprinkle with a few grains of sea salt. Allow to cool and enjoy.
- Combine both cashews and chocolate in some tasty dessert recipes like the ones below.
Recipes featuring cashews and chocolate
Cashews and chocolate are a combination that is very popular in all sorts of dessert recipes. Why not try one of these to tempt your family?
- Indulge in some cashew chocolate energy bites for a nutritious pick me up.
- These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars have a sprinkling of chopped cashews on the top of dark chocolate.
- This chocolate cashew pudding is dairy free and gluten free. What a healthy treat!
- Dark chocolate with roasted cashews, sprinkled with sea salt and coconut palm sugar make the recipe for these Sweet and Sea Salty Chocolate Cashews.
- Chocolate covered cashews spiced with cinnamon and a hint of chili powder, add a depth of flavor without adding heat.
- This chocolate cashew cake is dairy free, no bake and totally delicious.
- Chocolate and mint is a great combination too. Find out about National Chocolate Mint Day here.
If cashews are not your thing but you love the taste of chocolate, be sure to also check out these tasty chocolate covered recipes in honor of this national day.
There are almost 2000 national and international days in the year to celebrate. Be sure that you don’t miss any of them by visiting often to see what we are celebrating this month. Our list of national days in April contains over 150 special days.
If you love to do puzzles, check out this free printable April national days calendar. It features some national days hidden in a fun word search puzzle.
You can also learn about more national days in April by watching our YouTube video.