If you love to decorate cookies, this recipe for Marshmallow Turkey cookies is for you. They are as much fun to make as they are to eat. They make the perfect Thanksgiving sweet treat.
Having fun with food is one of the neat things about the holidays. I’ve made a lot of turkeys in my time. This recipe is the latest.
Be sure to also check out these recipes for more dessert ideas using candy corn:
- Rice Krispie turkey balls – Turn everyone’s favorite sweet treat into whimsical Thanksgiving turkey pops.
- Candy corn turkey cupcakes – All your party guests will want to gobble down these turkey cupcakes with candy corn feathers.
- Cookie turkeys – These adorable turkeys use candy corn, peanut butter cups and malted milk balls for a dessert that the kids will love.
Printable Recipe – Marshmallow Turkey Cookies
The cookies are made with a store bought chocolate marshmallow cookie, some short breads, frosting and a steady hand!
To make the cookies you will need the following supplies:
- Short bread cookies with a round swirled pattern
- Chocolate and marshmallow cookies
- Chocolate Frosting
- Cream cheese frosting
- Yellow and red food coloring
Assemble your supplies.
Cut a small piece off the end of a shortbread cookie with a serrated knife.
Using a sharp knife, cut your marshmallow cookie in half and spread the bottom of it with chocolate frosting. Position it towards the back of the shortbread. (the other half will make another turkey.
Put buttercream frosting into two bowls. Color one red and the other yellow. Pipe on eyes, a beak, and a turkey crop on the chocolate cook.
Pipe red tail feathers on the sugar cookie that was cut off. Add chocolate frosting behind the turkey body and attach the tail feathers.
(each of the marshmallow chocolate cookies makes 2 turkeys) Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Serving Size: 1 turkey cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 8g
(each of the marshmallow chocolate cookies makes 2 turkeys)
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Share on Social Media