Valentine’s day is a special day to show your love of another person in your life in a special way. One way to do this is with fancy cocktail recipes. This simple Love Potion Cocktail is easy to make and so pretty to look at, too.
Pink is such a romantic color. It is perfect for a night of Valentine’s Day cuddling.
Today we’ll be snuggling up with our loved one and enjoying this special pink valentine’s day drink – a love potion cocktail.
Valentine’s day is a common day to pop the question of marriage but did you know that there is actually a National Proposal day? This day occurs on the first day of spring and fall.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links below are affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase through one of those links.Treat your special someone to a Love Potion Cocktail for #valentinesday! #lovepotion #pinkcocktails #valentinecocktail🍸💟💓❣💘 Click To Tweet
This Love Potion Cocktail is so romantic!
The drink is made from a combination of vodka, peach schnapps and pink grapefruit juice for a yummy flavor and pretty color.
Pink Grapefruit juice is naturally pink in color and gives the drink its distinctive hue.
Peach Schnapps adds a lovely bit of extra fruit flavor to the vodka based drink.
To make the drink, just add ice to a cocktail shaker and pour in all your drink ingredients.
Give everything a good shake and strain into a martini glass. If you want a brighter pink color, just add a drop of red food coloring and swirl.
Ideas for garnishing the love potion cocktail.
Finishing the look of this valentine cocktail is super easy. Just place a candy heart into a striped pink straw to garnish the cocktail.
Other ideas for garnishing the drink are these:
- Grapefruit peel slices shaped into hearts.
- Watermelon pieces cut into heart shapes with mini cookie cutters and stuck into the end of the striped spoon.
- Large strawberries sliced and cut into heart shapes.
This pretty cocktail recipe is simple to make and so pretty and romantic, too. It is the perfect drink to enjoy over a special meal with someone special.
Pin this love potion cocktail for later
Would you like a reminder of this romantic Valentine’s Day cocktail? :Pin this image to your Valentine’s Day board on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
What is your favorite way to celebrate Valentine’s day? Do you have a special drink that you like to share with a loved one?
For another fun holiday drink, check out this Easter MIdnight Kiss Cocktail.
More Valentine’s Day fancy cocktails
Looking for some more inspiration for romantic drinks to share with your loved one? Try one of these on for size.
- Lascivious Love Cocktail – A wonderfully delicious brunch cocktail perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Lush Red Berry Bellini – This delicious drink has a deep red color and lots of fizz for entertaining fun.
- Cupid’s Kiss Cocktail – My heart is all a flutter for this romantic cocktail.
- Valentine’s Day Cherry Screwdriver Cocktail – Strawberry syrup and cherry lime soda do the trick for this drink.
- Valentine Kiss Cocktail – Just three ingredients gets you a wonderfully romantic drink.
- 6 Fabulous Red Cocktails – Red is the color this month. Use it for some romantic cocktails.
Another day to share this love potion cocktail recipe with your special person is on National Spouses Day – January 26.
And if you enjoy both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, check out National Beverage Day for some recipes and fun ways to celebrate.
Admin note: This post first appeared on the blog in March of 2017. I have updated the post to add new cocktails, more photos, a printable recipe card, and a video for you to enjoy.
- 1½ ounces Vodka
- ½ ounce Peach Schnapps
- 3 ounces Pink Grapefruit juice
- 1 Candy heart
- Ice cubes
- Drop of red food coloring (optional)
- Partially fill a a martini shaker with ice. Pour in the Vodka, Peach Schnapps, and Grapefruit Juice.
- Shake well and strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with a pink striped straw that has a candy heart on a tooth pick inserted into the end.
- To get a richer pink color, you can add a drop of red food coloring to the drink, but this is optional.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."