I love fun and easy holiday recipes that tell the story of the celebration by the look of the sweet treat. Desserts like this set the mood for a party and are so whimsical. It’s time for some luck of the Irish with these adorable Leprechaun Hats made with chocolate and marshmallow. It’s almost like having s’mores the Irish way.
This Leprechaun Hats sweet treat could not be easier to make. And since it is Girl Scout cookie time in most areas of the country, my favorite Girl Scout cookie – the thin mint- will get transformed into a fun holiday cookie. (See more recipes using Girl Scout Cookies here.)
:It’s fun to make holiday themed food for St. Patrick’s day. It’s a great way to set the mood. Try these Bailey’s Irish Cream Truffles for another tasty holiday dessert.
To make the Leprechaun Hats you will these supplies.
Just a few ingredients make up these adorable sweet treats:
- Girl Scout Thin Mints
- Large Jet Puffed Marshmallows
- Wilton Green Sparkle Gel Icing
- Mini Shamrock Sprinkles
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
Start by making a dipping station with your supplies. I like to make a sort of production line when I make treats like this. It makes the whole process go much more quickly.
Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave by heating for 30 second intervals and stirring until it is silky smooth.
It’s time to dip the Marshmallows!
Dip each marshmallow into the melted chocolate. I use a candy tipping tool set. The prongs of the forks nice and sharp and the three pronged tool makes a great place to rest the marshmallow while the chocolate drips off..
Tap off the excess chocolate and place the hats on a silicone baking mat to set.
The hats are basically made in two steps. The hat tops get dipped first, and then thinned down the chocolate that was left over is used to dip the Girl Scout thin mints. This makes the two parts of the hats the same color.
Once the marshmallows are set, use a bit of the melted chocolate to join them to the thin mints to make the hat shapes and then use the green sparkle gel icing to add a hat band to the hats.
The hat band gets decoratefd with a mini shamrock sprinkle while the icing is still soft.
Time to bite into one of these sweet treats. Mm Mm S’mores Leprechaun Hats!
That is all there is to these adorable Leprechaun Hats. May the luck of the Irish be with you while you sample one (or four!) of them.
For more fun St. Paddy’s Day ideas, be sure to visit my St. Patrick’s Day board on Pinterest.
If you would like to do this project, you can print it out below.
- 12 [easyazon_link identifier="B00BE4Q514" locale="US" tag="alwaystheholidays-20"]Girl Scout Thin Mints[/easyazon_link]
- 12 [easyazon_link identifier="B00JSW59PW" locale="US" tag="alwaystheholidays-20"]Large Jet Puffed Marshmallows[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier="B006NV86YC" locale="US" tag="alwaystheholidays-20"]Wilton Green Sparkle Gel Icing[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier="B00BKPBE54" locale="US" tag="alwaystheholidays-20"]Mini Shamrock Sprinkles[/easyazon_link]
- 12 oz [easyazon_link identifier="B00932F6Y6" locale="US" tag="alwaystheholidays-20"]Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips[/easyazon_link]
- 1 1/2 [easyazon_link identifier="B00CPZPYLS" locale="US" tag="alwaystheholidays-20"]Coconut Oil[/easyazon_link] divided
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."