All mothers need a little encouragement and inspiration from time to time, which is why we’ve put together this collection of inspiring quotes for moms.
Look through these encouraging mom quotes if you need a little motivation and positivity. It’s so easy to see social media posts from other people, and feel like everyone else has it all together.
However, social media is a highlight reel – people usually only post the good things, and leave out the more challenging parts of life.
We all go through ups and downs. Even if you’re having a hard time right now, don’t stop believing in yourself, mama, because you’re doing a great job!
Plus, make sure to download the free mom coloring page from the project card at the bottom of the post. You can even write your favorite message for mom on it.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
Inspiring quotes for moms
Below are some inspiring quotes for mothers. They encourage and support all the moms in our lives and we hope you enjoy them all.
“A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.”
“If you’re a mom, you’re a superhero. Period.”
– Rosei Pope
“To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.”
– Maya Angelou
“It doesn’t matter how old you are or what you do in your life. You never stop needing your mom.”
– Kate Winslet
“Motherhood is a delicate balance between holding on and letting go.”
Inspirational mom quotes
Mothers give us so much to be grateful for. Share one of these encouraging mom quotes with a mother who might need to see it today!
- “You can be a mess and a good mom, you’re allowed to be both.” – Unknown
- A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” – Washington Irving
- “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” – Anonymous
- “Being a parent is like folding a fitted sheet; no one really knows how.” – Unknown
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Mother was comfort. Mother was home.” – Ruta Sepetys
Mom quotes inspirational
“My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.”
– Lisa Leslie
“Being a mama can be tough, but always remember in the eyes of your child, no one does it better than you.”
“There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.”
– Jill Churchhill
“A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.”
– Honore de Balzac
“The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.”
– James E. Faust
“A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.”
– Cardinal Mermillod
Inspirational quotes for moms
Mother’s Day isn’t the only day we should let our mums know how much gratitude we have for them. Share one of these inspiring quote for moms with yours today!
- “There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.” – Sue Atkins
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; a mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” – Ricki Lake
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Bréne Brown
- “Successful mothers are not the ones that never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” – Sharon Jaynes
- “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” – Cheryl Lacey Donovan
Inspiring mom quotes
“The parenting road gets bumpy sometimes. That doesn’t mean you are off course.”
“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.”
– Ann Lamont
“For a mother is the only person on earth who can divide her love among ten children and each child still have all her love.”
“To the world, you are a mother. But to your family, you are the world.”
– Author Unknown
“A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.”
– Princess Diana
“So many times you will feel like you’ve failed, but in the eyes, heart and mind of your child, you are supermom.”
– Stephanie Precourt
Inspirational quotes for mothers
Let a mother in your life know how much you care by sending her one of these thoughtful mum quotes.
- “You don’t take a class; you’re thrown into motherhood and learn from experience.” – Jennie Finch
- “Be patient with yourself. The journey between practice and perfect is mistakes.” – Toloupe Dyewole
- “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible – oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.” – Tina Fey
- “Your most valuable parenting skill is learning to manage yourself first.” – Dr. Laura Markham
- “To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle, I say, ‘Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are.’” – Jeffrey R. Holland
- “No influence is so powerful as that of the mother.” – Sarah Josepha Hale
Share this post with inspiring quotes for moms on twitter:
If you enjoyed reading these encouraging messages for moms, don’t forget to share them with the special moms in your life! Here’s a tweet to get you started:Looking for some inspiring mother quotes to lift up the special moms in your life? Head to Always the Holidays for over 65 encouraging mom quotes! 💕🤰#momquotes Click To Tweet
Mother quotes inspirational
“A mother’s love is more beautiful than any fresh flower.”
– Debasish Mridha
“A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.”
– Marion C. Garrett
“The love between a mother and a daughter is forever.”
– Patricia Wayant
“A mother’s love is everything. It is what brings a child into this world. It is what molds their entire being. When a mother sees her child in danger, she is literally capable of anything.
Mothers have lifted cars off of their children and destroyed entire dynasties. A mother’s love is the strongest energy known to man.”
– Jamie McGuire
“Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.”
– Kahil Gibran
“A mother’s love endures through all.”
– Washington Irving
Inspirational mother quotes
Send one of these supportive messages for moms with a mama in your life who might need it today!
- “Your children don’t want a perfect mom, they want a happy mom.” – Unknown
- “Being a mother is not about what you gave up to have a child, but what you gained by having one.” – Sunny Gupta
- “If every mother…could wrap her mind around her true value as a woman and mother, her life would never be the same. We would wake up every morning excited for the day rather than feeling as though we’d been hit by a truck during the night. We would talk differently to our kids, fret less about our husbands’ annoying habits, and speak with greater tenderness and clarity. We would find more contentment in our relationships, let mean remarks roll off our backs, and leave work feeling confident in the job we performed.” – Meg Meeker
- “Mama, you taught me to do the right things. So now you have to let your baby fly. You’ve given me everything that I will need. To make it through this crazy thing called life.” – Carrie Underwood
- “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” – Abraham Lincoln
Inspiring mother quotes about love
“When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.”
– Mitch Albom
“A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.”
– Victor Hugo
“Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.”
“A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place.”
– Amy Tan
“Motherhood is love in its purest form.”
– Revathi Sankaran
“Kids go where there is excitement. They stay where there is love.”
– Zig Ziglar
Additional inspiring quotes for mothers
If you know a mother who needs a little extra love today, send her one of the following inspirational quotes for moms.
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about but the hardest thing in the world to do.” – Anne Lamoti
- “Don’t let your struggle become your identity.” – Joshua Hook
- “We may not be perfect mothers, but we are perfect mothers for our children.” – Unknown
- “My mother is a walking miracle.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
Encouraging mom quotes
“There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.”
– M. Russell Ballard
“The very fact that you worry about being a good mom means that you are one.”
– Jodi Picoult
“The world needs our mothers.”
– Liya Kebede
“Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.”
– Susan Gale
“Once you’re a mom, you’re always a mom. It’s like riding a bike, you never forget.”
– Taraji P. Henson
“When you’re in the thick of raising your kids by yourself, you tend to keep a running list of everything you think you’re doing wrong. I recommend taking a lot of family pictures as evidence to the contrary.”
– Connie Schultz
A note on sharing these inspiring quotes for moms
Quote graphics like these take a long time create. It can be difficult to find photos free of copyright that can be turned into graphics with sayings.
We have made these quotes for mums for you to share and enjoy, (and thank you so much for that for that) but if you do, please link back to the blog.
Linking back to the blog allows others to find it, and also gives them an opportunity to read more great inspirational mom quotes!
These inspiring mother quotes are for personal use only and may not be used for resale or commercial use.
More holiday themed inspirational quotes
A great time to share these inspirational quotes for moms is on Mother’s Day. If you want to find motivational quotes for other holidays, check out these pages:
- St. Patrick’s Day quotes – Head to our St. Paddy’s quotes page for some extra luck this year with festive quotes.
- Easter quotes and graphics – Looking for an Easter message to share with your loved ones? Check out these Easter quotes and graphics.
- April Fool’s Day quotes – Ready for some funny and fun-loving quotes? Head to our April Fool’s quotes page.
- Halloween quotes – Check out these spooky, nostalgic and funny Halloween quotes.
- Thanksgiving quotes – Practice gratitude this Thanksgiving with these quotes and graphics this year.
- Black cat quotes – These black cat themed quotes are perfect for the Halloween season.
- Christmas quotes – Christmas will be here before you know it! Take a look at our gallery with over a hundred Christmas sayings.
If you enjoyed reading these inspirational mom quotes, you might also like our collection of inspirational love quotes – They remind us to share our affection with all the special people in our lives!
Pin these inspiring quotes for moms for later
Would you like a reminder of these inspiring quotes for moms? Just pin this image to one of your favorite motivational boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find them later.
About the author
Since graduating from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Jess has been living and working in Los Angeles, CA. She is a freelance writer, specializing in content related to fashion, food and drink and film industry topics. Find out more about Jess here.
- Colored pencils or markers
- Printer paper
- Load your computer paper into your Deskjet printer.
- Choose landscape layout and if possible "fit to page" in your settings.
- Print the mom coloring page and color with markers, crayons or colored pencils.
- You can write your favorite inspiring mom quote on it too!
Using this print function on this card will print a mom coloring page that fills about 1/2 - 3/4 of an 8 x 11 sheet of paper.
To fill the entire page, choose 125% or "fit to page" on your printer if you have this setting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Ultimate What I Love about Mom Fill-In-the-Blank Gift Book: Prompted Fill in Blank I Love You Book For Mom
Mother's Day I Love You Mom Jigsaw Puzzle for Adults 1000 Pieces Tranquil Series Maple Leaves Heart Puzzles 20''x 30''
Mother's Day Gift: Mandala Coloring Book for Mommy: Relaxing Mindfulness Activity and Coloring Book