5)In honor of National Glazed Spiral Ham Day, (April 1 I am bringing to you 15 awesome Ham Recipes for you to enjoy! Ham makes a great special occasion dinner, but it also usually means lots of left overs. Put them to good use with these great recipes to celebrate this tasty National Day.
Fun Ham Facts
I love that so many ordinary things have a National Day. It really helps to make sure the it’s Always the Holidays in my house! Here are some fun ham facts:
- The first canned ham was sold in 1926 by Hormel. It’s pretty much a household name now, especially around Easter and Christmas
- Because of a Civil War surrender agreement, Virginia baked ham was given the name as a means to insult the residents of Virginia!
- A statue of the Madonna was once made from 180 pounds of ham by Chicago artist Dwight Kalb.
You may not be interested in using your ham to make a statue, but how about trying it in one of these recipes?
Baked Ham Recipes
With Easter being celebrated tomorrow, one of these glazed ham recipes is perfect for your holiday table!
Ham Appetizer Recipes
Left over ham makes perfect appetizers. They can be as intricate as rolled pinwheels, or as simple as toppings for crudites. Any way you use it, ham gives so much flavor and gets your party started right.
Left over Ham Recipes
The flavor of ham seems to get better each time it is used. Cut it into chunks for casseroles, use it in slices for sandwiches and wraps, or as toppings for baked potatoes.
Ham for Breakfast!
Eggs and Ham are a traditional breakfast favorite, but there are lots of other ways to incorporate ham into the breakfast menu, too!
Make Soup with Ham.
Ham is the perfect protein to add to a soup to give it a rich and decadent flavor.
Split pea and ham soup (guaranteed to bring prosperity in the New Year- or so my grandmother says!)
If you like this list of over 30 Ham recipes, you will love these roundups!
- Easy Recipes for Finger Foods
- 14 Best Breakfast Recipes
- Fast and Easy Recipes with only 3 or 4 Ingredients
- 10+ Animal Cracker Recipes
What is your favorite was to use left over ham?