Calling all animal lovers. Today is the day for those who have pets. Not only is March 23 National Puppy Day, but is also Cuddly Kitten Day, as well!
No one can disagree that cuddling up to a precious little kitten is a stress reliever, and today is the day to indulge to your hearts content.
No matter which kitten is your favorite, this day is dedicated to celebrating them all. What a wonderful day!
National days of the year are a fun way to celebrate odd and unusual foods, animals and items that you come into contact with. Be sure to check out my national day’s guide for more fun days to celebrate.
Fun facts about kittens
Brush up on your knowledge of kittens with these fun facts.
- Newborn kittens are totally dependent on their mother.
- All kittens are born with blue eyes.
- It takes about 7-10 days for a new born kitten to open their eyes, but they don’t see well until about 10 weeks.
- Most litters of kittens contain 2 to 5 Kittens. Imagine the cuddling with this group?
- Kittens sleep about 18 hours a day.
- Kittens should be 12 weeks old before they are adopted to a new home.
- Kitten’s whiskers are as long as their body is wide.
- Kittens have 26 teeth.
- Kitten kneading is likely a throw back to the days of nursing with the mother cat.
- At the age of 1 year, a cuddly kitten is no longer a baby and is called a cat.
How to observe Cuddly Kitten Day
There are lots of ways to celebrate Cuddly Kitten Day. Here are a few ideas to help honor this day.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
- Head to the animal shelter to see if there is a cuddly kitten looking for a rescue.
- Not looking to adopt? Volunteer at the shelter if they need help and be sure to cuddle all the kittens!
- Snuggle up with your child and your kitten and ready the book If you See a Kitten.
- Celebrate the day by cuddling with your kitten, or find a friend who will share the love with you.
- Spend the afternoon doing a kitten themed jigsaw puzzle, and be sure to take breaks to cuddle with your own kitten.
- Make a template of your kitten to use as a cat pumpkin carving for Halloween.
- Share photos of you cuddling with your kitten on Facebook or Instagram.
- Do the word search puzzle for March to see if you can find Cuddly Kitten Day in it.
- Consider adopting a black cat or kitten. For several reasons, they are more likely to be euthanized at shelters. Find out more in this Black Cat Appreciation Day post.
- If your cuddly kitten is black, make sure to check out this list of black cat quotes, and learn some of the mythology surrounding black cats.
- Use the hashtag #CuddlyKittenDay to spread the word about the day on social media. Here is a tweet to get you started:
More national days this month
Be sure to also check out these other national days this month:
- National Goof Off Day
- National Landline Telephone Day
- Quirky Country Music Song Titles Day
- National Kiss Your Fiance Day
- National Puppy Day (also today)
There are close to 2000 national days in the year and over 150 of them are celebrated in March.
To see them all, have a look at this post to discover more about the national days in March.
Pin this post for Cuddly Kitten Day for later
Would you like a reminder of this post for Cuddly Kitten Day? Just pin this image to one of your animal boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
Watch our YouTube video to learn about more March national days.