Let’s celebrate Christmas with 101 Christmas quotes! They are inspirational, funny, and cute Christmas messages and images to read and share.
The holidays are one of my favorite times of the year. Much of the fun of Christmas is the anticipation. Everyone seems to be in the festive mood! Christmas quotes and graphics are great way to share the holidays with loved ones.
A great way to use Christmas printables and quotes are in holiday greeting cards, as inserts in gift baskets and for using in Christmas crafts.
You could even put your favorite Christmas quote on a note and stick it in a poinsettia plant to give as a hostess gift if you’re going to holiday parties. National Poinsettia Day falls in December, making this a great gift all month long!
If you still have to send your Christmas card this year, we suggest writing one of these quotes in the card, and sending it on Christmas Card Day!
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
Christmas quotes from movies
One of my favorite Christmas activities is having Christmas movie marathons. Here are some of the best Christmas movie quotes and images for you to enjoy.
“Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
– How the Grinch Stole Christmas
“I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”
– A Christmas Carol
“Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”
– The Polar Express
“Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.”
– How the Grinch Stole Christmas
What are some of your favorite Christmas quotes from movies? Let us know in the comments, and send this tweet to ask all your friends!What's your favorite Christmas movie quote? Let us know and find some of ours on Always The Holidays! 🎄 🎥 ✨ #QuotesFromChristmasMovies #ChristmasMovieMarathon Click To Tweet
More Christmas movie quotes
Sharing quotes from Christmas movies is so much fun. There’s a quote for every Christmas movie lover in your life, look no further than these Christmas quotes from movies.
- “No man is a failure who has friends.” — It’s a Wonderful Life
- “Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.” — The Polar Express
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” – Elf
- “God bless us, every one!” — A Christmas Carol
- “Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind.” – Miracle on 34th Street
Looking for a festive snack while you watch your favorite Christmas movie? Check out this easy homemade peppermint bark recipe (with holiday shapes!).
Quotes from Christmas songs
I always know Christmas is around the corner when the radio stations start playing Christmas music! I’ve handpicked some of the greatest Christmas quotes from songs for you to enjoy.
“Walking in a winter wonderland.”
– Winter Wonderland
“I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know.”
— White Christmas
“Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we’ve no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.”
– Let It Snow
“City sidewalks, busy sidewalks- dressed in holiday style. In the air there’s a feeling of Christmas…”
– Silver Bells
Share your favorite quotes from Christmas songs with your friends on twitter with this tweet:Whether you're dreaming of a white Christmas, walking in a winter wonderland or just hoping to be home for Christmas, Always The Holidays has the perfect #QuotesFromChristmasSongs to get you in the holiday mood! ☃️ ❤️ ❄️ Click To Tweet
More Christmas quotes from songs
Great music always finds a way to touch our hearts. Here are some more memorable Christmas messages from music.
- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year!” – It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
- “Joy to the world, the Lord is come, let earth receive her King.” – Joy to the World
- “May your days be merry and bright.” — White Christmas
- “Christmas Eve will find me, where the lovelight gleams. I’ll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams.” – I’ll be Home for Christmas
At Always The Holidays, one of our favorite Christmas songs is You’re Here by Francesca Battistelli (a Grammy award nominated artist). Make sure to check out the song if you’ve never heard it before!
Christmas quotes funny
Funny Christmas quotes always bring a smile to my face, so I’m here to share some of those funny Christmas sayings with you!
“Oh Christmas treats, oh Christmas treats. How tasty can you be? Oh Christmas treats, oh Christmas treats, please don’t put pounds on me!”
“When you stop believing in Santa, you get underwear!”
“It’s almost the holidays. Time to put the scales into hibernation for the winter!”
“I’m dreaming of a White Christmas, and when I run out of white, I’ll start on the red!!”
“Calories don’t count at Christmas!”
If you enjoyed these funny Christmas messages, be sure to share them with your friends on twitter by using this tweet:The best Christmas quotes are the funny Christmas quotes! If you agree, head over to Always The Holidays to see our favorites! #ChristmasQuotesFunny 🤣 🥶 ☃️ Click To Tweet
More funny Christmas quotes
When it comes to Christmas sayings funny ones are the ones I share most often. It brings joy to me to share laughter with others! So enjoy these additional Christmas phrases, and this photo of what your cat thinks about your Christmas tree!
- “Aren’t we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know, the birth of Santa.” — Bart Simpson
- “Christmas is when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money.” – Anonymous
- “I don’t want Christmas season to end, because it’s the only time I can legitimately indulge in on particular addiction: glitter.” – Eloisa James, Paris in Love
- “‘One can never have enough socks,’ said Dumbledore. ‘Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.’” — J. K. Rowling
- “Yippee! It’s candy cane season.” – Anonymous
- “Hello December. You are the last month. Let’s make it the best month!!” – Anonymous
If you want to share a laugh with your family and friends this Christmas, print out our printable gift tags and write one of these funny Christmas quotes on the back of it! It would add a special touch to your gift.
Christmas quotes religious
When it comes to quotes, do you find that Christmas quotes religious in nature are your favorite ones? Check out the religious Christmas messages below!
“The beauty of Christmas is not in the presents but in His presence.”
– Matthew 1:23
“God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If He gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it.”
– Pope Francis
“Let us have music for Christmas…Sound the trumpet of joy and rebirth; Let each of us try, with a song in our hearts, to bring peace to men on earth.”
– Mildred J. Larrell
Don’t forget to share these religious Christmas quotes with your friends by clicking this tweet:Head over to Always The Holidays over 100 Christmas quotes! Funny, inspirational, religious, cute, we've got you covered! ❄️ 😇 #ReligiousChristmasQuotes Click To Tweet
More religious Christmas quotes
Christmas messages religious in nature are special for so many people during the holiday season. If you enjoy religious Christmas quotes, here are some more for you!
- “May your hearth be warm, your holidays grand, and your heart held gently in the good Lord’s hand.” — Anonymous
- “Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.” – W.J. Tucker
- “Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance—a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.” – Augusta E. Randel
If you enjoy the religious history behind Christmas traditions, check out our post on the traditions of Christmas greenery!
Christmas family quotes
When I think of Christmas, I think of family. So naturally, Christmas quotes about family always make me smile. Here are some Christmas family quotes for you to enjoy!
“At Christmas, all roads lead home.”
– Marjorie Holmes
“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”
– Edith Sitwell
“The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.”
— Burton Hills
“Christmas is the season of joy, of gift-giving, and of families united.”
– Norman Vincent Peale
Click this tweet to share these family Christmas quotes with your family on twitter!Head over to Always The Holidays to find the perfect Christmas quote to let you family know how much you care! ❤️ 🎄 😍 #FamilyChristmasQuotes Click To Tweet
More Christmas quotes about family
To celebrate a day where family is the most important thing in the world, here are some more Christmas quotes for family.
- “Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Christmas is a time for families.” – Dorothy Koomson
- “Your children need your presence more than your presents.” — Jesse Jackson
- “A Christmas miracle is when your family doesn’t get into a single argument all day.” — Melanie White
- “And that, of course, is the message of Christmas. We are never alone. Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world seemingly most indifferent…” – Taylor Caldwell
If you enjoyed these Christmas messages for family, and want to make a treat the whole family will enjoy, check out this recipe for Oreo Christmas tree dirt cups.
Christmas quotes about giving
Christmas is the perfect time to give back to you family, friends and community. Here are some Christmas quotes about giving to highlight that!
“Christmas is the season for kindling, not merely the fire of hospitality in the hall, but the genial flame of charity in the heart.”
— Washington Irving
“Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.”
“I love the Christmas-tide, and yet, I notice this, each year I live; I always like the gifts I get, but how I love the gifts I give!”
– Carolyn Wells
“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
– Mother Theresa
“Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.”
– Janice Maeditere
Share these Christmas phrases with your friends and family on twitter by clicking the tweet below:Christmas is a time for gratitude and giving back to your friends, family and community. Visit Always the Holidays to find our list of inspiring Christmas quotes. 🎁 🎄 ❤️#ChristmasGivingQuotes Click To Tweet
More Christmas giving quotes
When you open your heart to give this season, remember, some of the best gifts you can give anyone are your time, attention and love.
Check out these Christmas sayings to inspiring giving during this holiday season.
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” ―Peg Bracken
- “Christmas is forever, not for just one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away.” – Norman Wesley Brooks
- “The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” – James Cash Penney
- “Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it white.” – Bing Crosby
- “I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another.” — Carrie Fisher
- “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” – Ruth Carter Stapleton
If you love the message behind these Christmas giving quotes, check out our list of Thanksgiving quotes – they’re filled with gratitude and good will to all!
Christmas tree quotes
Christmas trees always have a way of making Christmas merry. I want to celebrate that Christmas magic with this list of quotes about Christmas trees!
“There’s nothing cozier than a Christmas tree all lit up.”
― Jenny Han
“One of the most beautiful messes in the world is created under the tree on Christmas morning!”
– Andy Rooney
“Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.”
– Larry Wilde
Share these Christmas quotes and images with everyone you love, this year on twitter:There's something about a Christmas tree that makes the season so magical. Check out our favorite #ChristmasTreeQuotes on Always the Holidays. 🎄❤️❄️ Click To Tweet
More quotes about Christmas trees
If you enjoyed those Christmas tree quotes, you’re in luck, I’ve got a few more for you. Plus this cute Christmas tree graphic with the words of Christmas written on it.
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” – Roy L. Smith
- “Freshly cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow and pine resin—inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night.” – John J. Geddes
- “Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room.” – Nora Roberts
- “Some Christmas tree ornaments do more than glitter and glow, they represent a gift of love given a long time ago.” – Tom Baker
Do these Christmas messages inspire you to add more Christmas trees to your holiday decor? Check out this fun DIY alphabet block Christmas tree craft.
Christmas childhood quotes
I have such fond memories of Christmas as a child, and these Christmas childhood quotes really capture the beauty of that feeling.
“May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.”
“The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood.”
– Richard Paul Evans
“Christmas is a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.”
– Freya Stark
“I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending.”
– Fred Rogers
“The world has grown weary through the years, but at Christmas, it is young.”
– Phillips Brooks
If you want to share these Christmas sayings with your loved ones this Christmas, click the tweet below:Feeling nostalgic this Christmas? Head over to Always the Holidays to check out our childhood Christmas quotes and take a trip down memory lane! ☃️ ❤️ ❄️ #ChildhoodChristmasQuotes Click To Tweet
More childhood Christmas quotes
Let’s get nostalgic, and read these additional childhood Christmas messages. Make sure to let us know in the comments which is your favorite!
- “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “T’was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.” – Clement Clarke Moore
- “When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things—not the great occasions—give off the greatest glow of happiness.” – Bob Hope
- “You better watch out. You better not cry…cause he knows when you’ve been naughty!” – Anonymous
- “Even as an adult, I still find it hard to sleep on Christmas Eve.” – Carrie Latet
Christmas love quotes
This is the perfect time of year to let the people in your life know how loved they are. I’ve compiled a list of Christmas quotes about love to celebrate this feeling!
“Remember this December, that love weighs more than gold.”
– Josephine Daskam Bacon
“Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart…filled it, too, with melody that would last forever.”
– Bess Streeter Aldrich
“Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.”
– Dale Evans
“Love the giver more than the gift.”
– Brigham Young
Don’t forget to share these Christmas love quotes with your loved ones on twitter:Share your love with your family and friends this Christmas with one of our Christmas love quotes over on Always The Holidays. ❤️ 😍 🎁 #ChristmasLoveQuotes Click To Tweet
More Christmas quotes about love
Here are some more Christmas love messages to express your feelings this holiday season.
- “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” – Bob Hope
- “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” – W.T. Ellis
- “For somehow, not only for Christmas, but all the long year through, The joy that you give to others is the joy that comes back to you.” – Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
If you enjoyed reading these Christmas love sayings, check out my list of inspirational love quotes. They are a perfect way to express your love all throughout the year!
Inspiring Christmas quotes
Christmas is a time for miracles, let these inspiring Christmas messages remind you of just how magical this time of year can be!
“The magical dust of Christmas glittered on the cheeks of humanity ever so briefly, reminding us of what is worth having and what we were intended to be.”
– Max Lucado
“Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.”
“Christmas now surrounds us, happiness is everywhere. Our hands are busy with many tasks as carols fill the air.”
– Shirley Sallay
“The joy of brightening other lives becomes for us the magic of the holidays.”
– W.C. Jones
“Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.”
– Winston Churchill
Don’t forget to share these inspirational Christmas messages with your friends and family:Let you heart grow three sizes bigger with the magic of Christmas and our list of inspirational Christmas quotes on Always The Holidays. 🥰 ✨ 🎄 #InspiringChristmasQuotes Click To Tweet
More inspirational Christmas messages
Let’s keep our spirits high with these additional inspiring Christmas quotes. What inspires you at Christmas time? Lets us know in the comments section!
- “What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.” – Agnes M. Pahro
- “The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Christmas gives us an opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.” – David Cameron
- “A good conscience is a continual Christmas.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “Christmas is not a date. It is a state of mind.” – Mary Ellen Chase
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schulz
If your heart melted with joy from these inspirational Christmas quotes, check out a mason jar snowman glow light that won’t melt!
Christmas quotes cute
Let’s keep our spirits light and joyful with these cute Christmas quotes. They’ll definitely bring a smile to your face!
“Keep calm, Christmas is coming!”
“I wish we could put some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.”
– Harlan Miller
“Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance — each beautiful, unique, and gone too soon.”
– Deborah Whipp
“Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.”
– Richelle E. Goodrich
If these cute Christmas sayings brought a smile to your face, make sure you pass them along:One of the best ways to get in the holiday spirit is to read cute Christmas quotes. We've made a list of them over on Always The Holidays! 🥰 ❄️ 🎄 #CuteChristmasQuotes Click To Tweet
More cute Christmas quotes
If you find when it comes to Christmas quotes, cute ones are the ones at the top of your list, here are some more just for you!
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” — Alexander Smith
- “At Christmas, play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year.” – Thomas Tusser
- “Peace on earth will come to stay, When we live Christmas every day.” – Helen Steiner Rice
- “Christmas is getting closer…Tomorrow is December!!” – Anonymous
As a holiday treat, here is a cute Magic Reindeer food recipe! (Get the recipe here.) The directions are very simple: “Sprinkle on the lawn at night. The moon will make it sparkle bright! As Santa’s reindeer fly & roam, this will guide them to your home!”
If you have kids hoping to be on Santa’s list, don’t forget to have them mail their Christmas wishlist to Santa’s address, or call Santa’s phone number to tell him what they hope to see under the tree!
More holiday quotes
If you enjoyed these Christmas quotes, don’t forget to check out the other quotes pages we have that are dedicated to the holidays.
- Valentine’s Day quotes
- St. Patrick’s Day quotes
- April Fool’s Day quotes
- Easter quotes and graphics
- Mother’s Day quotes
- Halloween quotes
- Thanksgiving quotes
Enjoy the holidays with my Christmas quotes and graphics
I love to take sayings from Christmas movies and TV shows and then tinker with them in a graphics program to come up with a graphic to share with my fans on my Facebook page Always the Holidays.
Have you ever tried doing this? It’s a lot of fun and, for me, ends up being a very creative way to spend a few hours. My favorite online program to make graphics like these is PicMonkey.
The program gives me a lot of fonts and special effects to play with and is worth the small fee that they charge for using it.
I have made these for you to share and enjoy, (and thank you so much for that for that) but if you do, please link back to this page and not just to the image itself.
Linking back to my blog allows others to find my site, and also gives them an opportunity to read more great quotes for Christmas!
These quotes are for personal use only and may not be used for resale or commercial use.
Pin these Christmas messages and images for later
Would you like a reminder of these Christmas quotes? Just pin this image to one of your favorite quotes boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find them later.
You can also watch our Christmas quotes video on YouTube.
About the author
Since graduating from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Jess has been living and working in Los Angeles, CA. She is a freelance writer, specializing in content related to fashion, food and drink and film industry topics. Find out more about Jess here.
Admin note: this post for Christmas quotes and graphics first appeared on the blog in November of 2014. I have updated the post to add new quotes and graphics, and a video for you to enjoy.