These lovely Christmas tree cookies have a mint puffy frosting tree and nonpareil and sprinkles for ornaments. They would make a great addition to a Christmas cookie swap.
Don’t forget to leave one out for Santa to eat on Christmas Eve! If you have kids, make sure to check out our posts with Santa’s address and the official Santa phone number, so he will get their wishlist in time.
If you like these white chocolate mint cookies, be sure to check out National Chocolate Mint Day. You’ll find lots of other recipes with this type of flavor.
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Colored sugar, nonpareils, sprinkles and dragées, for decorating
For another fun Christmas tree dessert for the holidays, be sure to check out my Christmas dirt cups using waffle cones and Oreo cookies.