Today is National Chocolate Covered Cashews Day! As far as I am concerned, a bit of chocolate can go a long way towards making dessert recipes taste fabulous. Cashews are a perfect match to go with chocolate, but so are many other things! In honor of this National Day, I found some delicious Chocolate Covered Recipes that will tempt your sweet tooth, and brighten your mood.
There are over 150 special days in the month of April to celebrate. Check out my list of April National Days here.
Before we start with some chocolate covered recipes, check out these fun Chocolate Facts
- Every pound of chocolate requires about 400 cocoa beans. That is a lot of beans!
- Remember Alfred Hitchcock’s Thriller Psycho? The famous shower scene that scared us all so much used melted chocolate for the blood.
- In order to make 10 standard sized Hershey chocolate bars, a cocoa tree has to grow for a full year to produce enough pods.
- A cup of decaf coffee has about the same amount of caffeine as a standard sized serving of milk chocolate.
- The chocolate river in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was made with lots of chocolate, water and cream. Imagine the smell when it spoiled?
- White chocolate is not real chocolate, since it contains cocoa butter instead of cocoa solids.
- About 1/2 of the world’s consumption of chocolate occurs in Europe, (not the USA, surprisingly!)
- Chocolate really can change your mood. Dark chocolate stimulates the production of endorphins in the brain that bring about feelings of pleasure.
Ready for Some Chocolate Covered Recipes?
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles – the candy autumn leaves make a lovely finish to the top.
2. Chocolate Covered Leprechaun S’mores Hats – a sweet addition to your St. Patrick’s Day Table.
3. These Raspberry Cheesecake Truffles are chocolate covered bite sized pieces of bliss!
4. Make up a batch of these Bailey’s Irish Cream Brownies. The chocolate ganache on top is TO DIE FOR!
5. A Chocolate Cherry Bundt Bake with a chocolate topping? Oh my, yes please!
6. These No Bake Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Bites have either nuts of coconut as a topping. You choose.
7. Another no bake recipes. This time it is Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars with a Heath bar bits topping. Yummo!
8. Brigadeiro are Brazilian Chocolate Truffles made with sweetened condensed milk. Super tasty and easy to make.
9. Tempt your sweet tooth with some peanut butter fudge with a layer of chocolate on top. It’s Buckeye Fudge time!
10. Chocolate Covered Cashew Peanut Butter Bars. No bake, but full of flavor.
Still need some temptation? Here are a few more Chocolate Covered Recipes.
11.Do you like Chocolate Covered Strawberries? Be sure to see my tips for Perfect Drizzling Techniques.
12. Chocolate Covered Coconut with a Grape Topping. What a fun combination!
13. For the perfect sweet ending, make your own Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
14.Sometimes you feel like a nut…try this homemade Almond Joy Candy.
15. Easy Peasy – No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies.
16. Chocolate Covered Toffee is my all time favorite candy treat.
17. Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats are sure to become a family favorite.
18. These Chocolate Covered Cherry Shortbread Cookies are perfect for gift giving.
19. How about starting your morning with some Chocolate Covered Strawberry Oatmeal?
20. Make some Chocolate Covered Raspberry Jelly Candy for the holidays.
21. The kids will love these Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas dipped in nuts.
If you enjoyed this tasty collection of recipes, you might like these too!
- 20 Candy Corn Recipes
- Over 20 Fudge Recipes for any Holiday
- 15 Yummy Candy Recipes
- 7 Candy Creations to Tempt Your Sweet Tooth
If you like to work with chocolate or to make candy, some of these tools might interest you.
Which chocolate treat is your all time favorite?
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."