Thanksgiving is right around the corner and dessert is a big part of the celebration. The kids will love these candy corn turkey cupcakes and you can let them join you in making them. Since November 4 is National Candy day, today is the perfect way to make these fun cupcakes.
These adorable little Thanksgiving cupcakes use candy corn, Malted milk box and some candy eyes that end up making the traditional Thanksgiving emblem – the turkey!
Candy corn is a popular candy this time of the year and makes a great addition to Thanksgiving cupcake decorations.
There is even a National Candy Corn Day to celebrate this sweet treat. If you like this candy as much as I do, you’ll love these desserts, too.
And for another turkey cupcake using frosting in the colors of candy corn, check out this turkey cupcake recipe.
This is such a busy time of the year. I love dessert recipes like this that are easy, and it’s even more fun when the kids can help to make them.
Making these candy corn turkey cupcakes
Thanksgiving cupcake decorating has never been more fun and easy and no turkeys are harmed as you make them! I feel like a kid again when I put together something that I know the kids will just adore!
These turkey cupcakes could not be easier to make. You can use a box mix and frosting to make the process even easier, or you could make your own cupcakes. (Check out this skinny chocolate cupcake for those of you on a diet.)
You’ll need these supplies to make the turkeys:
- One chocolate box cake mix
- One tub of chocolate frosting
- Edible eyes
- Malted milk balls
- Candy corn
I used a fall themed cupcake liner to keep to the color theme.
Assembling the turkey cupcakes
Once your chocolate cupcakes have cooled and been frosted, assembling the kid friendly candy corn turkey cupcakes is very quick. This is where the kids will love to help out!
A single malted milk ball forms the turkey head of this Thanksgiving cupcake. Just position it to the front of the cupcake. The frosting will hold it in place.
Use the toothpick to add a bit of frosting on the front of the malted milk ball. This will hold the edible eyes in place.
Trim the white part off a piece of candy corn and position it touching the extra frosting under the eyes for the turkey beak.
The final step is to add the feathers. Push the white pointed end of the candy corn down into the cupcake. I had both yellow and orange as well as brown and orange candy corn.
I used a combination of both colors of candy corn in two rows to complete the turkey feathers on some of the turkeys and make others just one color or the other. I think I like the combo the best!
Tada! The cutest little turkey ever! These adorable and easy turkey cupcakes are as much fun to make as they are to eat!
Add a glass of milk and you have a dessert that the kids will just gobble up. (pun intended!)
If your child is having a school party for Thanksgiving, or you need to take some Thanksgiving cupcakes to a bake sale, this makes the perfect addition to the line up. They are guaranteed to please both young and young at heart.
Tasting these chocolate turkey cupcakes
The cupcake itself has a rich chocolate flavor, since it is also frosted with chocolate icing. The edible eye, malted milk balls and candy corn adds a nice texture to the taste as well as some extra sweetness. The problem will be getting your kids to just eat one!
Would you like a reminder of these easy candy corn turkey cupcakes? Just pin this image to one of your Pinterest Thanksgiving boards so that you can easily find it later.
- Box of Chocolate Cake mix to make 12 cupcakes (1 made mine with unsweetened applesauce and eggs instead of using oil)
- Container of chocolate frosting
- 24 edible eyes
- 12 Malted milk balls
- 240 pieces of candy corn
- Cook the cupcakes according to package directions and allow to cool completely
- Frost the top of the cupcake with a layer of chocolate frosting
- Add a Malted milk ball towards the front of the cupcake for the turkey head
- Use the toothpick to add some extra frosting on the front of the head.
- Attach the eyes.
- Cut the white part off one piece of candy corn and attach below the eyes for a nose.
- Insert the pointed ends of the candy corn behind the head in one row of five and one row of four, spacing evenly.
I used both the orange and yellow as well as the brown and orange candy corn to give the feathers a nice color.
- Amosfun 48 Pcs Thanksgiving Cupcake Toppers and Wrappers Decoration Set Food Fruit Picks for Party Decoration
- Brach's Candy Corn and Autumn Mix Duo, 2 Count 40 Ounce Bags
- Wilton Sweet Personalities Edible Candy Decorations Eyeballs, Mustaches, Lips, and Teeth Decorating Kit, 4-Piece
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216