Looking for a delicious dessert to wow your Christmas guests this year? Look no further than this show-stopping candy cane cake!
This festive cake is equal parts beautiful and tasty. It’s the perfect dessert to bring to a holiday party. Everyone will be glad you came and brought this sweet treat.
Candy canes are a Christmas go-to candy, and once you try this cake, it will become your go-to Christmas cake!
What a festive cake this would make a great addition to your Christmas day feast. I can just imagine having a slice of it and a cup of hot chocolate after a nice holiday meal.
It is so pretty and delicate looking~but when you cut into it, you get the red velvet surprise.
Ingredients for the candy cane cake
Red velvet cake ingredients
- 170g (6 oz) of butter
- 280g (1¼ cups) of caster sugar
- 100g (1/2 cup) of brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 50ml (1.5 oz) of liquid red food coloring
- 3 tbs of water
- 300g (2½ cups) of plain (all purpose) flour
- 3 tbs of cocoa
- 1½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of fine sea salt
- 250ml (1 cup) of buttermilk
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbs of vinegar
Italian buttercream frosting ingredients
- 6 egg whites
- 380g (1⅔ cups) of caster sugar
- 1 tbs of glucose syrup (light corn syrup or golden syrup)
- 100ml (6¾ tbs) of water
- 600g (5¼ sticks) of butter
- ½ tsp of peppermint essence (oil based), or to taste
Decoration for the candy cane cake
- 6 candy canes, crushed