We celebrate April Fool’s Day on April 1 but that is not the only day of the year to enjoy humor. These funny April Fool’s Day quotes will tickle your funny bone all year long.
Quotes are a fun way to put yourself and your friends and family in a good mood – no matter what is going on around you.
They can be used to make your own greeting cards to share with your friends, or can even be framed to use as home decor.
Quotes can celebrate special days of the year, like April Fool’s Day, or even associated aspects to a day, like my black cat quotes as we near Halloween.
Why do people love quotes?
When things in life get tough, like they are right now, many people turn to a motivational or funny quote for a bit of inspiration or lightness.
Quotes can be nostalgic, a bit risque or sentimental, but one thing is for sure, they do have the ability to change your mood.April Fool's Day is a fun day to play tricks, tell jokes and share sayings about fools. Head to Always the Holidays to get some fun quotes to share. 😂😅😄 Click To Tweet
Funny quotes for April Fool’s Day
“Rhymes for April — let me sing
The pleasures of returning spring…
Fools are made, by far the worst,
On other days besides the First.”
This poem is from The Comic Almanack for 1835, by by William Makepeace Thackeray, Albert Smith, Gilbert à Beckett, and The Brothers Mayhew.
It show just how long people have been celebrating and enjoying the humor of April Fool’s Day!
I’ve put together a collection of funny quotes for you to enjoy, share or re-purpose. I hope you enjoy them all.
“If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings.”
“We’re fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.”
“Even the gods love jokes.”
“Don’t approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.”
“If it thunders on All Fool’s Day, Expect good crops of corn and hay.”
“Mix a little foolishness with your prudence: It’s good to be silly at the right moment.”
“Keep Calm. It’s only April Fool’s Day.”
~ author unknown
“April 1. This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four.”
~ Mark Twain
“When in doubt, make a fool of yourself.”
~ Cynthia Heimel
“Errors were not only meant to be committed by fools.”
More funny quotes to enjoy
Still looking for more lighthearted quotes? Here are some more to think about and share.
- He who is born a fool is never cured. ~Proverb
- I have great faith in fools:—self-confidence my friends will call it. ~Edgar Allan Poe
- A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool. ~ Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
- Any fool can make a rule, and any fool with mind it. ~Henry David Thoreau
- Every fool finds a greater one to admire them. ~Nicolas Boileau
- Fortune, seeing that she could not make fools wise, has made them lucky. ~Michel de Montaigne
- It is human nature to think wisely and act foolishly. ~Anatole France
- You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. ~Abraham Lincoln
- Don’t give cherries to pigs or advice to fools. ~Irish Proverb
- We fool ourselves so much we could do it for a living.” ~
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
A note on these April Fool’s Day quotes
Quotes like these take me a long time to find photos free of copyright, as well as to edit in a graphic editor into images with sayings.
If you enjoy them, feel free to share them, (and thank you for that) but please link back to my blog and not to the image itself.
These quotes are for personal use only and may not be used for resale or commercial use.
For more motivational quotes, check out these pages:
- St. Patrick’s Day Quotes
- Valentine’s Day Quotes.
- Easter Quotes and Graphics
- Halloween Quotes
- Christmas Quotes
- Be Like a Child Quotes
- 88 Thanksgiving Inspirational Sayings
April Fool’s Day is just one of the national days this month. There are close to 2000 national days in the year and over 150 of them are celebrated in April.
Pin these April Fool’s Day quotes for later
Would you like a reminder of these funny quotes? Just pin this image to one of your favorite motivational boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find them later.