Valentine’s Day is such a special day for children. They love to share treats with their friends and special crushes. These Tootsie Pop Flower Valentines are a special way to show their friend how much they care, and they are also a lot of fun to make.
These cute flowers can be done two ways. I used both foam heart shaped stickers and glitter heart stickers which were very easy and quick to stick to the Tootsie Pop by just peeling off the backing as one type. (The kids can do these themselves.) If you don’t have the stickers, you could also just cut your own heart shapes out of card stock or craft foam, add glitter and then use a hot glue gun to attach. (I did some of mine this way, but adult supervision is needed for this technique.)
Let’s make the Tootsie Pop Flower Valentines!
(This post contains affiliate links for your crafting experience.)To make these Tootsie Pop Flower Valentines, you will need these supplies.
- Tootsie Pop Lollipops
- Foam heart Shaped Stickers small and large
- Glitter heart shaped stickers small and large
- Heart shaped dish
- Floral foam
- red paper confetti
To make the Tootsie Pop Flower Valentines, start at the top of the lollipop and attach the smaller of the heart stickers around the area of the lollipop where it starts to widen. I found that 6 of the smaller stickers were just enough. For most of the flowers, I used two rows of small stickers and 1 or 2 rows of the larger stickers. The more rows you make closely together, the more your flower will look like a rose bud.
I you use less rows that are more spread out, it makes a more open petal shape for the flower.
These Tootsie Pop Flower Valentines are really easy to make. I made each one a little differently. Some have all foam stickers in two colors and others are all foam in one color.
Some have a rose bud shape and some have petals that are opened. I made some all with glitter hearts and some that have both glitter and foam hearts.
The sky is the limit and I enjoyed trying to get a lot of shapes and colors – Just like a real flower garden!These Tootsie Roll Flowers make a fun Valentine’s Day centerpiece for a party table. I used a heart shaped bowl and cut some floral foam to fit it with a sharp knife.Around the edges of the foam, I added some red paper confetti and then just popped the finished Tootsie Pop Flower Valentines into the foam.
Scatter some of the glitter hearts and a few extra confetti pieces nearby and you are ready to set the table with some sweet treats.
This pretty bouquet of Tootsie Pop Flower Valentines is ready to share with friend or to display. Enjoy!
- 6 Tootsie Pop Lollipops
- 54-72 Foam heart shaped stickers - small and medium size
- 54-72 Glitter Heart shaped Stickers - small and medium size
- Heart shaped bowl
- Floral Foam
- Paper confetti
- Start near the top of the lollipop. Attach the small stickers around the head of the lollipop, overlapping each heart.
- Move down and add another row of the small stickers in the same manner.
- Attach 1 or 2 rows of the larger heart stickers. The more rows that you have (close together) the more "tight" the petals will be, like a rose bud. If you use less rows and space them more widely, the petals will be more open.
- To display:
- Cut floral foam in a heart shape the size of your bowl. Surround the foam with paper confetti and push the Valentine flowers into the foam and display on a party table.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."