Treat your love one to these Sweetheart Cookies for Valentine’s Day.
Happy Valentine’s day! Today’s featured sweet treat are these sweetheart cookies from my friend Regina at Molly Mell. Regina has a fondness for Brazilian confectionery and often submits recipes for me to consider as featured posts on my websites.
The recipe is a basic sugar cookie but the delightful filling in the center comes from sweetened condensed milk. The sweetened condensed milk becomes a caramel filling after cooking it in a crock pot for 8 hours. Great trick Regina!
What a luscious looking center these cookies have. Rich and creamy…they are the perfect treat to serve after your special Valentine’s day party.
Be sure to visit Molly Mel for more photos on how to do this recipe and also for many other delightful Brazilian delicacies.
Need a last minute idea? See these Valentine Cupcake Decoration ideas.
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 sticks + 1½ spoon softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- Ingredient for the Filling:
- 1 can of cooked condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer until the mixture is creamy. Gradually stir in the flour and beat the mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until it is smooth.
- Roll the dough to ¼" thick. Form the cookies using a 2" round cookie cutter and place them onto baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until barely brown on the bottom. Cool on wire racks.
- To make the doce de leite caramel Filling: Place an un-opened can of sweetened condensed milk in a crock-pot completely submerged in water, and set it to cook for 8 hours with the lid on. Make sure you open the condensed milk can only when it is completely cooled off.
- To assemble the cookies, spread half the cookies with the doce de leite filling and sandwich together with remaining cookies, roll out the their edges in sugar.
- Recipe submitted by Regina of Molly Mel website: http://mollymell.blogspot.com